Author Topic: questions about symptoms and managing work/driving  (Read 70 times)

hapicap

questions about symptoms and managing work/driving
« on: August 09, 2018, 07:42:23 pm »
HI, I have a newly Dx sm (11x8mm) AN right ear.  My early Symptoms included balance issues (fall), tinnitus and head/hear pressure.

Just curious if anyone experiences Symptoms in their non-affected ear.  I feel as if the tinnitus is in both ears, and I also have fluctuating ear/head pressure, but it occurs in both ears.
I know that the tinnitus and pressure is normal, but I forgot to ask why I would feel it on the non-affected side?

I am working very hard on regaining balance and compensating on the left side, but I feel so fatigued all the time.  Have not returned to driving/work yet and was curious how others are managing and are there days you can't do either?  I can't believe that a smaller tumor would be giving me so much difficulty, but I was told it's how the nerve is compressed.

Sanderson

Re: questions about symptoms and managing work/driving
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2018, 11:36:05 pm »
I didn’t drive for almost four months. I would go grocery shopping with my neighbor or husband. When I went grocery shopping with my husband, we would get home with ridiculous items—cheese and cereal. When I started driving again, I only drove in my neighborhood—to the close grocery store. It was wonderful to do things on my own and concentrate on recipe items! I just got on the freeway three days ago. I drove myself to acupuncture. I’m feeling better all the time—some of which is from having autonomy again. I officially go back to work in a week!

I have left side facial paralysis. The vision in my left eye is a little blurry/cloudy from ointment, but it is time to move forward with life.

I go to yoga twice a week. I believe my balance has benefited greatly from the practice. I also walk a ton. I get good rest and don’t push myself. I’m not ashamed to lay on the couch.
Sara
Acoustic Schwannoma surgery March 28, 2018

anything