Author Topic: Dr Efron Kaiser Redwood City, CA???  (Read 6235 times)

Andrea Ortega

Dr Efron Kaiser Redwood City, CA???
« on: July 30, 2018, 12:44:07 am »
I have a 31mm AN. I am scheduled for surgery with Dr. Efron.  Has anyone had him, if so what was your experience?  Thank you in advance.

cyclist75

Re: Dr Efron Kaiser Redwood City, CA???
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2021, 04:49:43 pm »
Hi, did you have the operation done with Dr Efron or any other doctor at Kaiser?  How did it go?  I have kaiser insurance now and was wondering how good the doctors are.

sg_way

« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2021, 05:42:46 pm »
Many of us with Kaiser insurance had surgery done by Dr. Cueva in San Diego. He's completely on top of his game and I can't say enough good things about him.  :)

BigJoeBass48

« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2021, 11:24:02 pm »
He spoke to me by phone last year, when I was still in denial about my AN which is now 1.6x1.8x1.6. I specifically recall him mentioning "vertigo" which I had my 3rd episode of on Feb 1st, lasted 30 hours. I use OTC ear drops and Oflaxacin 0.3 drops for this stinking tinnitus which didn't start until 4 months after AN diagnosed when a rookie Kaiser doc did a nerve block for some insanely bad dental work on the right side where the AN is.... I think this is what causes vertigo,, the ear drops, not the AN.

I guess I'm having my AN zapped over 3 days at Kaiser in South San Francisco at Oyster Point next month, today one of the surgeons did a video conference with me and wow, what scary stuff. Anybody ever been there? With all this talk of "vision loss" and "hearing loss" and "balance issues" I'm wondering again whether to even have it done. A Kaiser Dr. Jian told me I could live 20 more years, so why not just let it grow and enjoy my eyes and hearing as long as possible? Kaiser sure as hell does not care about my hip or knee replacements with this "pandemic", yet they are real pushy about getting my brain zapped.