Author Topic: Thank You All  (Read 3526 times)

Angieshubbie

Thank You All
« on: November 20, 2006, 05:46:27 pm »
I just wanted to thank you all for all of the infomation (questions and comments), that we (my husband and I) have read. 
It is 3 month tomorrow since my surgery.  I went to the doctors on Fri and they were happy that I'm doing good.  I am walking on my own without
any help, but I still have some numbness in by hands and fingers.  It is hard for me to type sometimes ( I can't feel some keys).  I had a blood clot in my sinus vein in the brain about a week post-op.  My spinal fluid off the charts with the blood clot and put me back in the hosptial for 18 more days.  I had the blood clot removed and I'm on blood thinner.  I'm having a MRI on Dec 4th, to see if I can get off of the blood thinner.  Anyway, I'm doing good.  It is hard to believe that I was unable to get up out of bed and walk, eat by myself without wearing it, and could not go up and down the stairs 3 months ago.  Everyone that know me has said that they are just amazed of how well I'm doing.  As my two girls (5 & 6) put it, I'm getting normal (my hair is growing back).  I have the normal side affects from the tumor though (dry eye, numbness on the right side of the face, metal taste, deaf on the right side, etc.).  I tell everyone that I can deal with what God has giving me as long as I'm alive.  You know with Thanksgiving coming up there is a lot to be thankful for.

It is good to see that I'm not the only one out there dealing with this.  You know you have good days and bad days.  People that have not deal with AN have a hard time understanding things.  It is nice to come home from a bad day of work and get on this site. 

Thank you all for everything and Happy Thanksgiving.

Angie
My wife Angie 3+Cm Right Side, Retrosigmoid - 8/21/06, Dr. John Lasak & Dr. John Goreki

matti

Re: Thank You All
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2006, 06:13:46 pm »
Hi Angie - WOW! you sure have had a rough time, but I am so happy to hear that you are doing so much better!! I can imagine your girls are feeling a huge sense of relief as well. Mommy's aren't supposed to get sick!! 

I will be keeping my fingers crossed on Dec. 4th.  I am sure it will be great news ;D

Take care!

hugs,
Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2006, 07:56:35 pm »
Angie,

We seem to grow even more the worse things get for us.  We are all thankful on this sight for our own special blessings and I'm thankful every day.  My dogs have taught me miricles.  They seem smarter than humans by a long way.  Animals make more sense to me but, you sound like an extremely strong person.  Each and every person on this list could write a book.  You are indeed an inspiration.

Thank you for sharing with us,

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Obita

« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2006, 06:10:58 am »
Happy Thanksgiving Angie:

I am so glad to hear you are on the mend.  The blood clot sounds very scary and very unusual. 

Thanks for posting.  Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2006, 07:21:21 am »
Angie,

thrilled to hear you are hanging in there... keep the spirits up, have yourself a mug o' grog and you have lots to celebrate this Thursday!

Hugs and continued wellness to you!
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Laura

« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2006, 07:34:39 am »
Angie - I think you have a wonderful outlook on life. Many wishes for you for your continued recovery!

Laura
Diagnosed August 17, 2006
AN on right side 1cm x 7mm x 7mm
30% hearing loss with no other symptoms
Watching and Waiting
http://www.patient-network.com/lparr
It's mind over "matter"... even if the "matter" is in my mind

Jim Scott

• 1943-2020 Please keep Jim's family in your hearts
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2006, 03:42:27 pm »
Angieshubbie:

Congratulations on your continued recovery and your positive yet realistic outlook.

As you know, many AN post-op deficiencies eventually resolve themselves and I trust that yours will, too.  That your doctors are amazed that you are doing so well at this point is very encouraging, I'm sure.   

If this website and message board has helped you cope, then we are well-rewarded and very happy to be of some assistance to other AN patients. 

Happy Thanksgiving and continued success in your return to health.  :)

Jim[/color]

4.5 cm AN diagnosed 5/06.  Retrosigmoid surgery 6/06.  Follow-up FSR completed 10/06.  Tumor shrinkage & necrosis noted on last MRI.  Life is good. 

Life is not the way it's supposed to be. It's the way it is.  The way we cope with it is what makes the difference.