Author Topic: Phantom sightings in peripheral vision  (Read 8046 times)

gunns

Phantom sightings in peripheral vision
« on: June 24, 2018, 05:10:26 pm »
Has anyone else had phantom sightings in their peripheral vision?  It's like sudden movement in the in the peripheral vision. Almost like a mouse/rat or bird moved quickly then disappeared.  Its caused me to go looking for what I thought I saw.  But I always found nothing -wooo wooo wooooo :o :o!  This started before my operation and has continued after surgery.  I didn't know it was related to these tumors until I read about it in an ANA hand out.  Its just like most of the other symptoms that we experience and blow off to the ageing process not knowing their connection to these tumors.

Zan

Re: Phantom sightings in peripheral vision
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2018, 07:11:41 pm »
YES! I thought it was just me. Mine are usually smaller -like big flies or something.

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2018, 08:26:49 pm »
Yes, I had optical illusions in my peripheral vision on the left side (same as my AN tumor) just prior and lasting about two years post-op. Also I had concurrent nystagmus. Also, phosphenes in dark rooms with my eyes shut.

Several of my optical illusions were very vivid and shocking. They have now stopped, by the way. They occurred in low light levels while looking to the left.

The most stunning was when I looked at a Christmas decoration hanging on the wall and saw instead Spiderman (Marvell Comics character). Yes indeed, that rattled me completely. The illusion was only momentary but unnerving.

lilith

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2018, 09:13:30 pm »
Yes, me too.
33mmx19mm AN (Diagnosis 5.05.2016)
Radiosurgery in Mexico City: 25.05.2016
Pre and post-radiosurgery: little bit of imbalance, mild hearing-loss, wonky head.