Author Topic: Have Medicare and Supplemental Mutual of Omaha  (Read 8593 times)

Abetpds

Have Medicare and Supplemental Mutual of Omaha
« on: May 18, 2018, 10:23:15 am »
Planning to do surgery at San Diego with Friedman and Schwartz   Have medicare and supplemental by Mututal of Omaha  Will I be covered for surgery?

Also interesed to know if anyone has had surgery for AN done at Michigan Ear and Eye?  Dr. Silesh Babu is spoken of very highly and it would be closer for me as well as I have family there.  If he's as good as the Friedman/Schwartz team, I'll consider him
Thanks

leapyrtwins

• I am a success story!
Re: Have Medicare and Supplemental Mutual of Omaha
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2018, 11:12:30 am »
Insurance question -  you'll have to call your insurance company and ask them.  All policies are different; all policies cover different things.  They may not want to cover a procedure in California if there is a place closer to you for the same procedure.  You never know.  Better to ask than get a large, unexpected bill that you have to pay out of pocket.  AN surgery is expensive. 

I don't know of Dr. Babu personally, but I do know that at one time - in the very recent past - HEI (House Ear Institute) and MEI (Michigan Ear Institute) were supposedly ranked #1 and #2 in the nation for AN surgery.

I say "supposedly" because I never saw proof of that. 

I've heard nothing but good things about MEI and if I hadn't found a doctor close to me in suburban Chicago, I would have gone there.  I couldn't imagine traveling as far as California to have AN surgery.  But that's just me; obviously, others have and they have been happy with that choice.

Jan
Retrosig 5/31/07 Drs. Battista & Kazan (Hinsdale, Illinois)
Left AN 3.0 cm (1.5 cm @ diagnosis 6 wks prior) SSD. BAHA implant 3/4/08 (Dr. Battista) Divino 6/4/08  BP100 4/2010 BAHA 5 8/2015

I don't actually "make" trouble..just kind of attract it, fine tune it, and apply it in new and exciting ways