Author Topic: Vision/Brain - ability to read  (Read 19190 times)

gunns

Re: Vision/Brain - ability to read
« Reply #15 on: June 05, 2018, 04:24:12 pm »
Hey Patti!
My MRI was clear of tumors or regrowth according to my doc, Friedman at UCSD. He said all the other issues except for the reading issue should be addressed through vestibular therapy. The reading issue should be addressed by a nuerologist. Also now for sometime, even pre-op, Ive been having phantom sightings in the periphery of my eyesight. It’s like I catch sight of movement that doesn’t really exist. Almost like I saw a mouse, bird or person moving out of the corner of my eyes. Really strange but what isn’t about these tumors?  Some of my falls have been nasty ones. Worse than any workout I’ve had in eight years in martial arts. Almost like being body slammed like a rag doll. At least there was no regrowth and I have a mission with a plan - vestibular therapy. I pity my poor therapist! LOL!

Good luck with your follow up Patti. My prayers and thoughts will be with you!

Patti

« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2018, 06:57:02 am »
Gunn - I am so relieved that you had a clean MRI!!!! I've been told by my physical therapist that those nerves involved will always be a little "cranky".  In other words, things aren't as dire as i imagine.  Anyway, still looking forward to next week (but i won't see the doctor until June 20).  I am sure vestibular therapy will help you!  The falls and the eyesight thing are wild!  Let's keep each other posted!
4 cm AN removed 12/2000
subsequent brain swelling
removal of part of cerebellum
face, scalp,tongue numbness and partial paralysis
no corneal sensation and no tears-frequent eye issues
cognitive issues
Regrowth (3.1 x ..86 cm) treated by SRS on November 6, 2015

gunns

« Reply #17 on: June 07, 2018, 07:13:21 pm »
Will do Patti. So MRI next Wednesday and you see the doc the following Wednesday. These little bugger tumors sure have changed our lives. However we’re all on the green side of the grass. So far......!  LOL!

Patti

« Reply #18 on: June 08, 2018, 06:09:20 pm »
Thank goodness!
4 cm AN removed 12/2000
cognitive issues

gunns

« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2018, 02:29:36 pm »
Good luck and prayers for you on tomorrow’s MRI!

gunns

« Reply #20 on: July 03, 2019, 04:50:48 pm »
Hi Patti!
So sorry for not getting back to you.  I've been really busy with a kitchen remodel in efforts to get the house ready for sale so we can move to Texas.  What I use to do in an hour now seems to take four to eight.  Balance and exhaustion seems worse but more importantly how did your MRI go?

Patti

« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2019, 12:58:01 pm »
It's a year later and I just had another MRI. Mostly clear but shows a little growth into the IAC. The neurologist is not worried and neither am I! How are you? We are doing home remodeling too. Ours not by choice. Drain pipes corroded and washing machine backed up and soaked the whole lower level of our house (bi-level). Ugh!
4 cm AN removed 12/2000
cognitive issues