Author Topic: CD of MRI  (Read 34376 times)

klg31728

CD of MRI
« on: November 17, 2006, 01:01:43 pm »
When you get a cd with your MRI pics on it, what format are they in?  Can you look at them on your computer, or do you have to have some special software?

Kathy
Kathy G.
Surgery 7/97
CSF Leak and another surgery 12/97
regrowth 1/2000
Radiosurgery 2/2000

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
Re: CD of MRI
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2006, 01:04:43 pm »
Kathy,
  My MRI CD had its own viewer software on the CD.
Regards,
 Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

Derek

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 01:11:34 pm »
My CD operated on my home PC without any probs.

Derek
Residing UK. In 'watch & wait' since diagnosis in March 2002 with right side AN. Initially sized at 2.5cm and now self reduced to 1.3cm.
All symptoms have abated except impaired hearing on affected side which is not a problem for me.

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 01:41:19 pm »
I couldn't open mine at all--what a waste of time going and getting it!
Capt Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW

Dzimy

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 02:29:28 pm »
This time it was suggested I get a CD instead of films and it opened without any problems. I had no special programs installed on my home computer.   Wow it was so interesting.  I also had an MRV done since my AN pressure caused a blood clot.  I am now in the process of dissolving the clot it just will take awhile.  Donna
Donna, age 61, Stanton, Calif, SSD
2.5 cm AN left side, diagnosed 7/16/06
Translab 9/27/06 Dr. Schwartz & Dr. Fayad. HEI
MRI 11/06( 8 x 8 x 9 mm)
MRI 3/13 (12 x 16 x 15 mm )
11/13 radio-surgery@ Kaiser LA
MRI 12/13/14 (13 x 13 x 13 mm)

lmurray69

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 05:36:23 pm »
it is supost to open on any computer..yes go ahead and look///
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

klg31728

« Reply #6 on: November 20, 2006, 03:13:14 pm »
Thanks for your responses.

I had my MRI Friday afternoon and got the CD.  I had trouble pulling it up on my computer, but my 14 year old knew just what to do.
I had already looked at it on the screen before leaving the MRI dept., but it was interesting to look at the CD.

And...... it was good news...... no growth 7 years after radiosurgery at Shands in Gainesville, FL.  It still shows up bright white, though.  Very little signs of necrosis.    Hmmmmmmm?????????

Kathy

Kathy G.
Surgery 7/97
CSF Leak and another surgery 12/97
regrowth 1/2000
Radiosurgery 2/2000

danijake

« Reply #7 on: December 14, 2007, 02:57:49 pm »
Kathy, what did your 14 year old do to open it? I have an 8 year old, but he's no help!!!! ;) I lie, he helps me with my balance and gets me something to drink when i have to take my meds. He's great. Love, love, love!!! :-*

lori67

« Reply #8 on: December 14, 2007, 03:32:09 pm »
I couldn't get mine to open right away either, but my husband, the computer geek, had no problem.  Then everyone who came over had to sit and look at my brain - I think that's worse than vacation slides!

Lori
Right 3cm AN diagnosed 1/2007.  Translab resection 2/20/07 by Dr. David Kaylie and Dr. Karl Hampf at Baptist Hospital in Nashville.  R side deafness, facial nerve paralysis.  Tarsorraphy and tear duct cauterization 5/2007.  BAHA implant 11/8/07. 7-12 nerve jump 9/26/08.

Samantha n Adrian

« Reply #9 on: December 14, 2007, 03:42:08 pm »
It has its own viewer on it.  You should have no problem

Adrian
Age 35/ 4cm AN right side, Transpetrosal aproach, 9/6/07
Dr. Loren Bartels - Otolaryngology & partner Dr. Christopher Danner
Dr. Harry van Loveren - Neurosurgeon & partner Dr. Levine
Dr. David Samuels - Anesthesiologist
Tampa General Hopital, Tampa FL
These guys re-assembled Humpty Dumpty!

sgerrard

« Reply #10 on: December 16, 2007, 01:31:54 pm »
Hey Kathy,

I think it is quite common with radiation that necrosis shows up as dark areas on MRIs during the first year, but then the dead tumor fills in with scar tissue, and starts showing up as solid white again. If you have had no growth after 7 years, I think it is safe to say that the necrosis has come and gone, you now have a dried up little ball of leftover scar tissue, and you are good to go. :)

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.

danijake

« Reply #11 on: December 17, 2007, 08:01:16 am »
Okay, do you have to have the internet or something? I've been staying at my "boyfriend"s house these last few months and my cd is at my house where there is no internet as I am a single mom, no child support, working for Walmart!!! When I put the cd in there's just a picture with the name "Green Oak Diagnostics" I've clicked on the picture and...nothing. So I was wondering do you need internet for it to work?

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #12 on: December 17, 2007, 08:10:26 am »
danijake,
  No, you shouldn't need to be able to access the Internet.  An MRI CD should have a viewer program to view the MRI's "slice" images that are on the CD.  It may be worth a quick call to either you doctors office, or the MRI facility.  They should be able to help you get started with the MRI CD.  If all else fails, take the CD to the MRI facility and ask them to show you how to bring up the images.
  Once the viewer program is running, you may need to select the MRI series to get started.  You may have a non-contrast series and a with-contrast series.  Normally the with-contrast series is the diagnostic one for AN, where the AN will absorb the contrast and will be enhanced (glowingly white) on the image.
Regards,
  Rob
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

danijake

« Reply #13 on: December 17, 2007, 08:27:48 am »
I've seen the cd at the doc office when I found out about this thing. So I know it can be opened, I guess I thought you had to have a special program or the internet. Thanks, I will call the place where i had it done since I fired the neurologist!!!

sgerrard

« Reply #14 on: December 17, 2007, 10:19:10 am »
Dani,

My CD has a program on it called MIV2CDR.exe. It was setup to "Auto Run" when you put the CD in. I have not heard of an MRI needing an Internet connection to view the CD. You could hunt around on the CD for something to double click, or call the office and see if they can tell you what you need, or maybe they can give you a CD that will load itself.

Steve
8 mm left AN June 2007,  CK at Stanford Sept 2007.
Hearing lasted a while, but left side is deaf now.
Right side is weak too. Life is quiet.