Author Topic: has anyone heard from AmyLYn ?nh  (Read 3517 times)

lmurray69

has anyone heard from AmyLYn ?nh
« on: November 16, 2006, 08:54:08 pm »
has anyone heard from AmyLyn,,,This is LInda and I was wondering   how she is doing sence she got home...I am doing ok, Little dry eye .. little Dizzy ,But hay I am alive and doing great,,Thanks to all of you and your inquires .. I thought that i heard she had face problems...I have a twitch in the left an side eye,,, I do hope that amy will email me too
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
Re: has anyone heard from AmyLYn ?nh
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2006, 09:04:48 pm »
Not a word,

I hope sshe is alright.

Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Obita

« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2006, 06:05:18 am »
HI LINDA!!!!

Good to have you back.  Was Maggie glad to see you??

I have not seen anything from Amylynn.  I have been wondering about her, Scott and Stella and of course, you. 

I saw on another post that the sun bothers you.  I remember that very well.  Don't worry, its temporary.  I needed very dark sunglasses for at least a month post op while outside.

Do you feel better than before surgery?

Kathy

Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

lmurray69

« Reply #3 on: November 17, 2006, 05:34:12 pm »
YES i THINK i am better, They took all the tumor..I have been having pressure in the face again today. and twitches I think this is something that we all go threw...I am very worried about Amy she was doing so good..I just hope that she is doing better...Thanks for asking ...also Stell and scott were in great shape when I left california,,They are very nice people...too
radiation feb 05, gammaknife, tumor is 1.2x0.08/ surgery Nov 1st 2006 Dr House/Swarts/

sdf350

« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2006, 07:22:08 pm »
Hi Linda...it's Stella...I'm so glad to hear that you and your husband made it home safely...Scott is doing wonderfully..Our plane trip home on Tuesday went exceedingly well...Scott ageed to be wheeled around the airports by wheelchair--it order for me to stop nagging him about not exerting himself too much--and I think it really made the difference-- the 7 hour return trip wasn't bad at all!! Scott is learning to listen to his body and when he starts to tire --he goes and lies down...He thought he was superman on our first day home and fought his tiredness and the next day he regretted it--he was exhausted...so he is learning from his mistakes!!!  Every morning we go for a walk around our condo-about 1/2 mile- to the clubhouse; then we sit and rest in the clubhouse for a bit, and then make the 1/2 mile walk back home. He then rests for a while.  I hope Amy is coming around--I have been concerned that she hasn't posted anything to the boards...hopefully it is only due to the upcoming Thanksgiving madness!  Keep up the good work on your recovery......Stella
Scott- age 50
2.0 x 1.5 cm left "ice cream coned" AN
total sudden left side hearing loss
scheduled for translab at HEI on 11/03/06 with
Drs Friedman & Schwartz

Obita

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2006, 07:38:54 pm »
Hello Stella!!

Welcome back - glad things are going so well for Scott (and yourself).  That first day home thing you mentioned about Scott has a name....survivor euphoria.  At least, that is what my surgeon called it.  I did the exact same thing and I felt it big time the next few days.  No one could stop me that first day home.  Mail to read, people to call, get on the PC, pet the dog a zillion times, unpack, go see my neighbor.  You name it, I did it.  I was HOME and I was ALIVE!! 

Happy Thanksgiving and thanks for checking in.  Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

lmurray69

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2006, 07:24:50 pm »
  It is so nice that we all made friend while in california, It was a great experance for us all.. thank to all that have answered..I willl try and see is i can get hold og amy ...keep in touch we still need each other...Linda