Author Topic: Safety Issues with Gadolinium Contrast for MRI  (Read 3445 times)

Dee-dee

Safety Issues with Gadolinium Contrast for MRI
« on: March 26, 2018, 06:00:29 pm »
I want to bring to your attention that researchers have found that gadolinium, the contrast used in MRI's, stays in the brain and other places and is not completely excreted as previously thought.  Gadolinium is highly toxic and there is no cure.  Many of the symptoms we  ANAers have are the same as those caused by gadolinium poisoning.   There is a webpage you should look at: https://gadoliniumtoxicity.com/ Please sign this petition so we find out what is going on here and what can be done since we all need MRI's with  contrast   https://chn.ge/2123inx .  D
2.3 cm AN.   Hearing loss and other symptoms. Gamma knife 2011.

ANSydney

Re: Safety Issues with Gadolinium Contrast for MRI
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2018, 04:50:59 pm »
My last two MRIs were done with without gadolinium contrast agent.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 05:24:41 pm by ANSydney »

notaclone13

« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2018, 09:47:50 am »
This morning Sharyl Attkisson‘s show Full Measure had a feature with Chuck Norris and his wife who has Gadolinium poisoning from getting 3 MRIs in one week. If you did not see it you can find the feature online if you google Full Measure. I recorded it but just checked and found the full episode online.  I will soon be having my 6 month post diagnosis MRI and since this MRI will provide info regarding rate of growth I am thinking it may be important to have contrast. However, due to what I saw this morning, I am really re-thinking that decision. Sounds like Gadolinium deposition may cause more problems than the AN. Thoughts on this?

Citiview

« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2018, 05:36:34 pm »
Depending on your doctor and the particular MRI machine it is possible to be monitored without contrast. I don't think you have to worry if you have a few MRIs with contrast but I agree, long term it could pose a problem. It's definitely something radiologists are talking about as an issue, especially because some of us may end up with over 20 in the course of watch and wait and treatment.
(In a lifetime)
I was told by a doctor that MS patients are followed safely using contrast so that led me to believe don't worry too much.

dwilliams35

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2018, 06:18:18 pm »
Everything we do here is a give and take..  there’s risks with any treatment or surgery, there’s risks with not doing anything, etc. etc.   three in one week is pretty excessive, but beyond that we’ve just got to deal with whatever comes down the pipe.  Is gandolinium worse than your AN? Who knows?  Like my doctor told me when I started asking what option was best for me: “well, is it going to grow”?  Who knows.  AN’s seem to be a real place for somebody to turn into a hypochondriac... just so amany choices and options,  you just have to roll the dice with what you know and do the best you can, then hope and pray for the best.
Diagnosed 2-2017,  GK 10-2017.