Author Topic: Tinnitis & headaches on opposite side of AN  (Read 1869 times)

annettebottoms

Tinnitis & headaches on opposite side of AN
« on: March 08, 2018, 09:28:18 pm »
I have a small, 3 mm AN on my right side, diagnosed after having whooshing sounds in head for a year.  However the tinnitus and the headaches I have are on the other side of my head.  They don't want to do surgery because of the location of the AN being so close to the cochlea and the high risk of hearing loss.  I have been referred to an otologist for the tinnitus and am still waiting to schedule appt.   Does anyone else have this issue where the major symptoms are not on the same side of the AN.  Any recommendations for treatment of the headaches?

GaleWynne

Re: Tinnitis & headaches on opposite side of AN
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2018, 10:57:26 am »
Yes, I have a barely 2MM AN on my left side, only found since I got whooshing tinnitus in the right side.  I am watch and wait.  I cope with my tinnitus by playing rain and ocean sounds at night to sleep when it is bad.  I do not have headaches.  I do think essential oils can assist, you may want to look into a blend for headaches. Fortune cookie soap has a blend that many people have good results from - FLASHBACK headache oil. Good luck!
« Last Edit: March 19, 2018, 10:59:38 am by GaleWynne »
Sister 3MM surgically removed 11/2001.
Me - Tinnitus Jan 2011. MRI April 2011 almost 2MM AN.  Symptoms increased June 2011; MRI over 2MM AN July 2011. July 2012 MRI: AN now 2 MM which ties to symptom decline. July 2013 MRI: barely 2MM Aug 2015: STABLE Aug 2017: STABLE Oct 2019: STABLE!