Author Topic: 4 years follow-up after Retro-sigmoid surgery with Dr. Sisti  (Read 1572 times)

rm516

• 'incremental improvements' everyday!
Had my annual follow-up visit after 4 years of Surgery with Dr. Sisti. Good news, there is no change in the residual tumor. MRI Report says: There is stable enhancing lesion within the right cerebellopontine angle measuring 1.5 x 1.2 cm x 1.3. unchanged! Conversations with Dr. Sisti were pleasant and discussed our families etc (BTW: He is my facebook friend  :). Dr. Sisti talked about the new advancements in GK surgery, now they use masks and don't even need any frame with pins etc. He reiterated that had he attempted to remove 100 % of my tumor (3.2 cm), posteriorly located, my facial nerve would have been compromised. He said 80 % of similar patients (like me) don't need any radiation. My next year MRI may dictate any new course of action. (Hint, Hint... ???). I have zero stability issue or any symptoms of ringing in ear. However, my Barber tells me (monthly) that he sees a "faint surgical line" behind my Rt. ear :o. Anyway, the good part is that I can still hear him clearly from my operated Right ear. 8)
Diagnosed AN in 2008,  3.2 cm CPA round, retrosigmoid surgery performed by Dr. M. Sisti, Columbia Pres.Hospital  NY, in Jan 2013, After surgery no major issues, Hearing retained (>50% ). However, 2 YRs post surgery MRI shows a further decrease in the size of residual AN! No GK or any therapy needed.

Jet747

Re: 4 years follow-up after Retro-sigmoid surgery with Dr. Sisti
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2018, 06:26:31 pm »
rm516,

Great news!

Thanks for giving the positive update and I wish you the best!!!

BR,
Jet
RS Surgery May 2015

GK Radiation October 2015

https://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=21969.0

Surfer

Re: 4 years follow-up after Retro-sigmoid surgery with Dr. Sisti
« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2018, 09:12:59 am »
Great news. Thank you for posting your encouraging outcome.
February 2016- 4.6 cm removed at Sloan Kettering NY by Dr. Gutin and Dr. Selesnick.  Residual left behind to preserve the facial nerve. Two year MRI indicates a shrinking of the residual. Three year MRI indicates no change in size.