Author Topic: Suggestions for Headaches  (Read 9628 times)

sparrow

Suggestions for Headaches
« on: February 03, 2018, 05:53:34 pm »
I've had severe headaches since my surgery in June 2016, and since February 2018, they've gotten better.  They were so severe when they hit, that I couldn't move or talk.  I was on both Advil and Tylenol around the clock.  I'm now using less than half the amount of Advil and Tylenol, and sometimes I don't need it at all.  The frequency and severity has lessened greatly.  I never thought I would see this day and wanted to share some things that have helped me.

1.  When you sit, find a chair that holds your neck and back straight.  Don't recline backward. 
2.  Sleep position - avoid sleeping on your stomach because it bends your neck. 
3.  Avoid prolonged time on the computer.
4.  A healthy diet seems to have made the biggest difference for me.  Avoid sugary food, limit caffeine, and avoid junk food.

« Last Edit: March 10, 2018, 01:49:18 pm by sparrow »

ritapotenza

Re: Suggestions for Headaches
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2018, 09:30:03 pm »
Hi

That's good to hear.  I am 18 months from surgery and 12 months since radiation. My headaches have not eased up at all :( Did you use any alternative or physical therapies as well? 

addisonsophia

• PenMyPaper
« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2018, 02:14:17 am »
Thanks for sharing this tips.
But I have a query.Can I do Yoga for it ???

WayneM

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2018, 12:19:57 pm »
I second the healthy diet suggestion. It also made the world of difference in my case as well.