Author Topic: Post Gamma Knife spaciness  (Read 115 times)

suz

Post Gamma Knife spaciness
« on: January 02, 2018, 06:10:38 am »
I had GK on 12/22 and everything went beautifully. My concerns about the head frame were unfounded- it was not that bad. The main side effect I noticed after was an increase in tinnitus and other noises in my AN ear. But over the past few days I have developed a Spacey feeling - like I need a cup of coffee (but I just had some). I can't seem to shake this spacey feeling. Is this normal? Anyone else feel it? I heard about folks being tired after GK before t this is not really tiredness. I just feel like I can't quite focus and it's unsettling.
Suz
Tumor 1.8cms x 1.5 cms x .5 cm;partially removed 7/14/10 by Drs. Friedman & Schwartz of House Ear Clinic in LA. Moderate SS hearing loss.
Re-growth approximate 3 mm per year; GK planned for 12/2017.
Philadelphia, PA area

Pembo

Re: Post Gamma Knife spaciness
« Reply #1 on: January 02, 2018, 12:52:00 pm »
I had gamma for regrowth in October.  In the days after I too felt odd. I think a lot of it was my own thoughts....I just had a type of brain surgery and that's weird kind of thing. In the early weeks I noticed some facial things. I have some facial paralysis and I almost felt like the gamma woke the nerve up a little.

About 4 weeks after the fatigue hit. I was fine most of the morning and early afternoon but by dinner I needed to just lay down. I'm still not all that energized for the whole day. Earlier in the day is okay.

I am 3 months post-op now. Biggest complaint is a low grade headache although with super freezing temps I don't know exactly what is the cause.
Surgery June 3, 2004, University Hospitals Cleveland, BAHA received in 2005, Facial Therapy at UPMC 2006

anything