Author Topic: Porus acousticus  (Read 2425 times)

JaneK

Porus acousticus
« on: November 20, 2017, 04:02:19 pm »
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone knows whether having the an stem into the middle of the porous acousticus makes the surgery in any way more difficult? How long is the porous acousticus and is the porous acousticus different than the cp angle? I'm trying to understand the radiologist's notes to get a better idea of the placement of the an and I'm having a bit of a hard time understanding it.
I'll be seeing the neurosurgeon in a week and I'm trying to research as much as I can before I see him so that I can have time to make a note of my questions for him.

Also, if anyone has had a sub-occipital surgery that extended from the auditory canal into the porous acousticus I would appreciate anything you could tell me about your experience with treatment.

As always, thank you all so much for sharing. I spend a lot of time reading through the posts and I appreciate everyone's willingness to discuss their journey and provide feedback. This is a great community and I know that the information and support found here is really very special because I feel like even though friends and family try to be supportive they can't really understand how this effects you the same way that others do who have this.

Take care  :)
« Last Edit: December 06, 2017, 10:38:04 pm by JaneK »

ANSydney

Re: Porus acousticus
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2017, 10:46:18 pm »
The porous acusticus is the inner auditory canal (IAC). If the AN reaches the end of the IAC (the fundus), surgical outcomes are worse. The CPA is a space towards the middle of your body relative to the IAC. They are different, but adjacent to each other.