Author Topic: Shout out for Drs Cunningham and Zomorodi (Duke Raleigh)  (Read 2909 times)

Sailfish

Shout out for Drs Cunningham and Zomorodi (Duke Raleigh)
« on: November 08, 2017, 12:14:48 pm »
After 4 consultations, I decided to go with Drs Cunningham and Zomorodi.  No regrets.  They were awesome and I can’t say enough good things about them or the ICU/neurology nursing staff at Duke Raleigh.

Dr Cunningham came in to see me everyday post-op.  He answered all my questions and helped me worry less about the healing and recovery process. 

My AN was a large 3.3 and I chose to go Translab.  Like everyone, I was worried about facial paralysis and all the other post surgery issues that could happen.  I’ve experienced some nausea and today, 3 weeks post-op I have balance issues.  I wobble when I walk but it’s getting better and next week I will begin some vestibular therapy. 

Overall I am so amazed at how good I feel.  My wife has me on a healthy diet and I am walking a little more each day.  I believe all the prayers and my faith played a huge part in what I’d call a perfect outcome.  I’ve completely accepted the SSD as just something that had to happen as part of the process to remove the tumor.

I want to say thank you to two great Drs that I would recommend to everyone.  I conducted lots of hours of research into all the Drs I consulted with.  I found that Drs Cunningham and Zomorodi have resumes to match the very best surgeons anywhere in the US.  More importantly now I can tell you I have the results to say, “They are the BEST.” 
6/23/17  3.2cm  Facial numbness and tingling  Tinnitus 2012 
Surgery with Drs. Cunningham and Zomorodi at Duke - upcoming

Mamato2turkeys

Re: Shout out for Drs Cunningham and Zomorodi (Duke Raleigh)
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2018, 08:58:35 pm »
So glad to see this! I have a consultation feb 9th with Cunningham and although it feels like a lifetime away, I feel that I’m making the right decision by waiting. If you don’t mind me asking, I have two questions:

1. I thought Translab wasn’t an option for large tumors, but it seems like yours was large like mine. Had you already lose most all usable hearing before surgery?

And

2. From the time of your consultation, how long did it take you to get your surgery scheduled?