Author Topic: Hearing test was okay, but have tinnitus and bouts of vertigo, likely AN ?  (Read 1870 times)

Blizzarduk

How likely is someone whose hearing test came out okay to have AN ? I have had odd symptoms for 2 years now. It feels a bit like my right ear has some loss on certain frequencies but the hearing test showed it to be fine, so maybe it is just age (39), this doesn't bother me or cause any annoyance as I only notice when comparing to my other ear. Also my tinnitus is in a different ear to the one I feel is a bit lower on frequencies. But my other complaint is light hotheadedness and monthly bouts of positional vertigo. As mentioned in another thread, my ENT sent me for a MRI with contrast but the technician chose to not use contrast, I didn't realise at the time AN needs this, so I didn't complain, I was even happy at not having it as I thought it was only needed for MS which I know I don't have anyway. Now my thought has changed since reading here.

So what I wondered was, when you guys (pre-surgery) had vertigo, was it positional or did position make no difference ? Also is some form of hearing loss almost always associated with AN ? Also would symptoms come and go or were they pretty much all the time ?

Thanks !!

v357139

My ENT told me that my significant loss in one ear only was a red flag, and that's why she sent me for MRI.  Hearing loss was all the time.  I did not have any sensation in the ear, just hearing loss.  I did not have any vertigo until day before surgery.  What does your ENT say about the MRI.  Could they tell anything from it?
Dx 2.6 cm Nov 2012, 35% hearing loss.  Grew to 3.5 cm Oct 2013.  Pre-op total hearing loss, left side tongue numb.  Translab Nov 2013 House Clinic.  Post-op no permanent facial or other issues.  Tongue much improved.  Great result!!