Author Topic: Another relapse  (Read 2327 times)

Frederic

Another relapse
« on: August 14, 2017, 05:35:08 am »
Hi all,

Things were looking up but I had another relapse on Saturday morning.

I have been trying to identify what causes the relapses and I have been avoiding all the activities that I thought caused them in the past but I might have it all wrong  ???

I thought that being overly active, not having enough sleep or riding my motorcycle were the cause of my relapses but this weekend made me wonder if they are at all related.

I wasn't overly active, I had enough sleep and haven't been riding my motorcycle for about 6 weeks now but when I woke up Saturday my eye was tearing continuously, my balance was a lot worse, I had quite a bit of pain on the spot where the whole was made in my skull during the operation, my tinnitus was overwhelmingly loud, my facial paralysis was worse and I had no energy.

I rested the weekend as I know from past relapses that if I don't rest the situation just worsens.

It's a bit better today and I should be back to square one in a week or so as this has happened quite a few times in the past since my operation.

I was hoping that by avoiding activities that aggravate my situation I would make steady progress without any relapses but this is not the case and it is very discouraging.

Is this normal? Anyone else on the forum experience relapses after their operation?

Regards,
Frederic

Willbur

• I will shrink it
Re: Another relapse
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2017, 04:14:10 am »
Yes. Give it time. Took me nearly 3 months to get facial movement and I'm a relatively young guy. The dizziness will subside for the most part as well or at least it should significantly. I have trouble running still without getting dizzy :/. But other than that try to live life to the fullest.
Diagnosed@29
10/13/16 - 21x23x19
1/16/17 - 22x23x19
1/24 - Surgery Successful
3/6 - MRI/CT Scan No Regrowth

v357139

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2017, 06:19:37 pm »
Sorry for your troubles.  Each case is different.  It will not be a straight line.  My regimen was sleep, walk, sleep, balance exercises, sleep.  Getting a good night sleep is good, but also try taking some naps if you can.  Try to find a balance of walking and sleeping that works for you.
Dx 2.6 cm Nov 2012, 35% hearing loss.  Grew to 3.5 cm Oct 2013.  Pre-op total hearing loss, left side tongue numb.  Translab Nov 2013 House Clinic.  Post-op no permanent facial or other issues.  Tongue much improved.  Great result!!

v357139

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2017, 06:02:58 pm »
Frederic,
I found some papers recently and I thought some of this could apply to your fatigue.  These were directions I had gotten from House for when I got home.  I suggest you develop a regimen that fits your level of fatigue, and maybe include some of the following:

DO walk at least 3-4 times per day
DO rest for an hour after meals and before and/or after walking
Listen to your body when you are tired.  Taking frequent rest breaks throughout the day will help you last longer
Activities such as reading or watching TV may be fatiguing.  This is often caused by eye strain.  Changing your gaze to something far or resting your eyes and taking rest breaks as needed can help.

So you need a plan or regimen.  Would include walking, and lots of rest.
Best of luck,
Rich
Dx 2.6 cm Nov 2012, 35% hearing loss.  Grew to 3.5 cm Oct 2013.  Pre-op total hearing loss, left side tongue numb.  Translab Nov 2013 House Clinic.  Post-op no permanent facial or other issues.  Tongue much improved.  Great result!!