Author Topic: 7 month after diagnosis MRI update  (Read 2633 times)

mrwva17

• Romans 5:8
7 month after diagnosis MRI update
« on: August 08, 2017, 07:18:53 am »
Good morning everyone,

Due to scheduling issues on my end my first post diagnosis MRI was completed at almost 7 months. I am very happy to report that my tumor remains stable and virtually unchanged from initial DX.

In my untrained (as well as my wife and her untrained opinion) the current scan actually shows a smaller tumor than the initial DX. Now I know I was only going off of images on the computer and not from the Radiologist official report so I could be wrong.

The ENT who ordered the MRI and the radiologist's initial findings show no growth and if any were found on final report, it would be well within margin or error since the scans were not at same location (first was local hospital and follow-up at UVA in Charlottesville, VA) and two different radiologists will be completing the official reports.

Regardless, I am very pleased with results. I will be sending my new scans to Dr. Friedman at Keck and Dr. McKenna at Mass Eye and Ear since they are also following my case to get their opinions. As of now, my ENT has suggested a follow up MRI in one year unless I have substantial changes to my conditions, i.e. facial issues since I am diagnosed with a Facial Nerve Neuroma.

Just wanted to pass along the good news to those of us in the W&W brigade. Have a good day all!
4mm X 1.2cm at initial dx 1/17/17
Increasing balance issues since 6/17

ANSydney

Re: 7 month after diagnosis MRI update
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 04:56:06 pm »
Great to hear there was no growth (and maybe even shrinkage). The first follow up MRI is the most prognostic of future behavior.

Given that you think there may be some shrinkage, why not look at the MRI CDs yourself. I'm encouraging everyone to do so.