Author Topic: 5 years CK and having ear pain  (Read 2844 times)

Twindy

5 years CK and having ear pain
« on: August 01, 2017, 01:56:37 am »
Hello!
I had CK 5 years ago with stable MRIs every year since (most recently early June).  I've never had any terrible symptoms except some dizzyness at 3months and I lost my hearing.  On Friday, I suddenly woke up to jaw pain.  It started in my cheek, moved and settled to my ear/jaw.  It is a dull heavy ache--not severe.  It's not a shooting or jabbing kind of thing, just an ache that is constant.  And at times feel "full" like there is cotton in  my ear.  Anyone else experience anything like this so far out from CK?
Thanks all!  I was on this board 5 years ago and received great support and information.  I'm one of those people who moved on afterwards and didn't look back.  This new symptom is reminding me of my journey.

PaulW

Re: 5 years CK and having ear pain
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2017, 07:50:54 pm »
Sounds more like a tooth/abscess/impacted wisdom tooth...
10x5x5mm AN
Sudden Partial hearing loss 5/28/10
Diagnosed 7/4/10
CK 7/27/10
2/21/11 Swelling 13x6x7mm
10/16/11 Hearing returned, balance improved. Feel totally back to normal most days
3/1/12 Sudden Hearing loss, steroids, hearing back.
9/16/13 Life is just like before my AN. ALL Good!

JLR

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2017, 04:04:38 am »
Good Morning, so sorry your going through this. I had CK 2010. 5 years later, like you, I developed pain on the AN side. I went to dentist as I was sure the pain was a tooth.  Had MRI.  All previous ones stable .  This one was not.  AN had grown. CK was not successful. Failed after 5 years.  The tumor had grown in size and was leaning on the trigeminal nerve. That caused the pain.  Went on meds which helped for a short time.  I'm now post op (November 1, 2016). The tumor was debulked. No more pain. But have some complications from surgery. Another MRI is a good idea to see where pain is coming from.  Joan

JLR

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2017, 10:26:36 am »
I'm now starting to get sharp stabbing pain in the incision area. Lasts about 2 seconds then goes away. Is that my nerves waking up. I had surgery November 2016. Thank you.  Joan

mrwva17

• Romans 5:8
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 07:01:54 am »
Good morning Twindy. I am watch and wait so cannot compare with the CK you had but I have also experienced this kind of pain. For what it is worth, I went to my local ENT and he diagnosed me with TMJ.

Of course I was concerned that my tumor was growing and causing the symptoms but the diagnosis was correct for me. I sleep with a mouth guard now and take Motrin for pain as needed.

Maybe look into this? I pray all will work out for you. Best wishes!

Mike
4mm X 1.2cm at initial dx 1/17/17
Increasing balance issues since 6/17

ChipsFL

« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2017, 01:35:53 am »
Hi,
    It's also been 5 years for me. Only had a couple follow up MRI's, I think yr.'s one & three. Like you I moved on. First time back here in lot of years. All good, nothing new, but I will say every so many months "that" ear gets sensitive to
the touch but goes away in a day or so. Maybe this year I'll get another check up. Bad Me.
4-2012,  CK, Wellington, Fl
11-2012, Followup MRI- "no Sig. change"
10-2015 Followup MRI- Tumer Shrunk In Size