Author Topic: Recommendations on where to stay - surgery at Keck  (Read 2834 times)

tinkin3

Recommendations on where to stay - surgery at Keck
« on: May 19, 2017, 12:27:59 pm »
Hello - I am having surgery with Dr. Friedman/Keck on August 1, traveling from the DC area.  Although my daughter lives about 45 minutes away, I think it would be best to stay near the hospital post-op, and was wondering where other's would recommend.   I know the LA area very well - I lived there for almost 10 years.  I am aware of the suites that you can rent on the campus, but are there VRBO places that others have stayed in?  AirBnB?  I don't really want to stay in a hotel, unless there is a very good reason because I think I would be more comfortable in a house or apartment.    Thanks, everyone!

riabovamd

Re: Recommendations on where to stay - surgery at Keck
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2017, 11:04:53 pm »
I had surgery at House clinic, was considering Arbnb, but decided to stay on campus at Seton hall.  It was best decision ever made.  Very safe, with security 24/7, walking distance, connected to the hospital by underground tunnel, comfortable settings like shower with rails, etc  and people who are  in the same boat offering help and advice.  In addition the area around the hospital is  not very safe, and waiting for cabs is long due to traffic.  I do not recommend renting even the best airbnb, stay on campus!