Author Topic: Unexplained symptoms  (Read 2344 times)

elevatorguy

Unexplained symptoms
« on: May 11, 2017, 08:49:54 am »
My possible AN related symptoms are hearing loss pretty bad in one ear which whistles (tinnitus) I get losses of balance where I start to tip for a millisecond then have to correct myself maybe once every few weeks. I get this strong lightheaded feeling like I am going to pass out once every few years. Both times it has happened I also was either getting up quickly out of my car seconds before or getting up from a car ride and going up a elevator then having an attack about 5 minutes total from getting out of car. I also have had severe bouts of fatigue at times. I also have some chronic gastor problems which could be muddying the waters..The word vasovagal response has been used a couple times as well about things that happened..Any opinions? I am trying to get an MRI of brain currently

Willbur

• I will shrink it
Re: Unexplained symptoms
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2017, 10:58:01 am »
Can't tell. You need an MRI with and without contrast. See an ENT first since they are the only ones who can approve the MRI.
Diagnosed@29
10/13/16 - 21x23x19
1/16/17 - 22x23x19
1/24 - Surgery Successful
3/6 - MRI/CT Scan No Regrowth

ANSydney

« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2017, 04:59:31 pm »
I would have though that a neurosurgeon could also order an MRI.

Cheryl R

« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2017, 05:23:33 pm »
Any dr can order a MRI.    There has to be a reason to why one is needed.      My ins any more has to pre approve it which was not needed many years ago.   It was my family dr who ordered my MRI.       This was in 2001 as the ENT I had seen when started having symptoms said I just get anxious when asked if could be a tumor.  So did not want to go back to him.         Luckily in time I got to see that ENT again when had to take an elderly relative to see him.   I was able to tell him that I did indeed have a tumor and was found to have NF2 over time.                              Cheryl R
Right mid fossa 11-01-01
  left tumor found 5-03,so have NF2
  trans lab for right facial nerve tumor
  with nerve graft 3-23-06
   CSF leak revision surgery 4-07-06
   left mid fossa 4-17-08
   near deaf on left before surgery
   with hearing much improved .
    Univ of Iowa for all care