Author Topic: Blood pressure increase after AN surgery  (Read 2557 times)

masonlee

Blood pressure increase after AN surgery
« on: May 04, 2017, 11:38:01 am »
Hi,

My father was having an acoustic neuroma tumor in his brain and last week the tumor was removed by surgery.

Before the surgery his blood pressure is around 140 but after the surgery his blood pressure increased to around 200 and caused internal bleeding in his brain. After doctor sedeted him, his blood pressure drop to around 120.

Because of the bleeding now he still in coma, doctor unable to wake him up after stop sedeted him and now his blood pressure back to 200 today. My father did not have blood pressure problem before this. Is it normal for blood pressure to increase after brain tumor removal surgery?

Thanks.

ColleenS

• I have learned to watch birds and smell the roses.
Re: Blood pressure increase after AN surgery
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2017, 06:52:16 pm »
I just had my surgery and my blood pressure has dropped actually and I am being treated for that. They say it could be all the laying around and maybe from all of the anesthesia. Mine is improving. How is your dad today? Where did he have the surgery?
5/2/17 @ Vanderbilt Translab approach with Drs. Haynes & Chambless
Readmitted on 5/7/17 for CFL, lumbar drain; CFL repair surgery
10/18 5 Radiation treatments for tumor regrowth
3/19 Pain, swelling, facial paralysis
5/19 Facial paralysis, numbness
10/21 Mild facial paralysis still

Willbur

• I will shrink it
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2017, 06:59:49 pm »
Hi,

My father was having an acoustic neuroma tumor in his brain and last week the tumor was removed by surgery.

Before the surgery his blood pressure is around 140 but after the surgery his blood pressure increased to around 200 and caused internal bleeding in his brain. After doctor sedeted him, his blood pressure drop to around 120.

Because of the bleeding now he still in coma, doctor unable to wake him up after stop sedeted him and now his blood pressure back to 200 today. My father did not have blood pressure problem before this. Is it normal for blood pressure to increase after brain tumor removal surgery?

Thanks.

I did have high blood sugar levels, but not high blood pressure after surgery. Mine has stayed relatively the same in the lower 100 limits. Perhaps age could be a factor?
Diagnosed@29
10/13/16 - 21x23x19
1/16/17 - 22x23x19
1/24 - Surgery Successful
3/6 - MRI/CT Scan No Regrowth

AndewG

« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2017, 05:36:13 pm »
How is your father doing now? Did he come out of coma? Did doctors ever tell you what his CSF levels looked like before the coma? Cerbral Spinal Fluid buildup is Hydracephalus. My wife developed it about 11 months after AN cyberknife. Even though the neuro said it wasnt because of the cyberknife i wasnt buying it. Lets face it, cyberknife can cause swelling and in my wifes case it was swelling of the 4th ventricle. After her unable to walk for 7 months, she finally gave in and decided on the shunt. Looking back i cant believe the doctor didnt tell her that she could die from hydracephalus, too much fluid to push on her brain stem will send a person into a coma. Her story is long, sad, and it irritates me that the hospital system she was in ultimately failed her. I hope your father is doing well.