Author Topic: Follow up at House?  (Read 1948 times)

riabovamd

Follow up at House?
« on: April 25, 2017, 07:56:34 pm »
Hello mates,
I will have my first MRI next month after translab at House.  I have a script for it from Dr. Schwartz, I live in Michigan.  Anyone has a  follow up experience with House being out of state?  Is there a contact person at House, who called you with MRI results, whom did you review your management and clinical picture?

Jeff

Re: Follow up at House?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 08:33:41 am »
Hello,

I have NF2 and have had 3 surgeries at House. I live in Wyoming. I still get follow-up MRI scans. My doctor at House either orders the scan or gives the specifications to my local doctor, who then makes the order.

When I go in to have the scan, I request that reports and images be sent to my doctor at House. I also request that a report be sent tp my local doctor, who then shares it with me.

I hope that this helps.

Jeff
NF2
multiple AN surgeries
last surgery June 08

riabovamd

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 08:55:33 pm »
Jeff, after you have your annual MRI who calls you from House?  The surgeon himself or a nurse?  Do you address your concerns with that person and they get your questions answered?  Did you have to go back for exam?  If you have a question in between you MRIs  is there a contact person you deal with? Thank you for reply!
Alexandra

Jeff

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 10:34:21 pm »
Alexandra,
I worked with Dr. Friedman before he left House. He read my films, and they were also viewed and discussed at the weekly radiology review where all of the House doctors look at film.

Then, Dr. Friedman himself called me to give his impression. He answered  any questions that I had. He was VERY available and helpful.

I have an auditory brainstem implant, which needs regular adjustment, so I saw Dr. Friedman when I went to L.A. for that.

Any time I had a question, I sent an email to Dr. Friedman and he always answered in less than 24 hours.

I hope that this helps.

Jeff
NF2
multiple AN surgeries
last surgery June 08

riabovamd

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2017, 10:12:45 pm »
Great, perfect answer.  Dr.  Schwartz was my surgeon, your experience is very encouraging!
Alexandra