Author Topic: AN and Running  (Read 5559 times)

ColleenS

• I have learned to watch birds and smell the roses.
Re: AN and Running
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2017, 09:34:06 am »
Wilber, I sure hope that the dizzy gets better and you are back to running soon. That will be my goal - the threshold of normalcy. Thanks for all of the replies on the breathing issues. I am not sure what is happening but I guess I will just deal with one thing at a time.
5/2/17 @ Vanderbilt Translab approach with Drs. Haynes & Chambless
Readmitted on 5/7/17 for CFL, lumbar drain; CFL repair surgery
10/18 5 Radiation treatments for tumor regrowth
3/19 Pain, swelling, facial paralysis
5/19 Facial paralysis, numbness
10/21 Mild facial paralysis still

riabovamd

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2017, 07:40:25 pm »
Coleen, good luck tomorrow! will be thinking of you and wishing you smooth surgery and recovery!

Willbur

• I will shrink it
« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2017, 06:57:22 pm »
Wilber, I sure hope that the dizzy gets better and you are back to running soon. That will be my goal - the threshold of normalcy. Thanks for all of the replies on the breathing issues. I am not sure what is happening but I guess I will just deal with one thing at a time.

I'm sure you're in better shape than myself (weight gain after marriage / getting older). The doc followed up with me on it and said I have to give it about 6 months for my body to fully compensate. I'm going on 5 months and still feel the same. I have to hold onto the treadmill or else I will get too dizzy and need to slow down or stop entirely.
Diagnosed@29
10/13/16 - 21x23x19
1/16/17 - 22x23x19
1/24 - Surgery Successful
3/6 - MRI/CT Scan No Regrowth

voron999

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2017, 08:58:14 am »
I, btw, picked up a balance beam from a friend who has a child in gymnastics.
This is just a 4x4 lumber piece fixed at about 5-6 inches above the floor.
My idea is to work my kettle bells and do other exercise standing on this beam to create additional balance stimulation for myself.
I am still fine as is, but just looking forward and being proactive.
Jan 11, 2016: 4 x 3 mm nodule in the left ......consistent with an acoustic neuroma.