Author Topic: Fat Packing ear drainage issue  (Read 1495 times)

anissa

• My Journey
Fat Packing ear drainage issue
« on: April 04, 2017, 01:04:48 pm »
Hello, may name is Anissa and I'm an 8 year AN Warrior! I'm post trans lab surgery for a 2.1 cm AN. I've had no facial issues but of course SSD.

Last summer I started having a brownish colored drainage from my deaf ear and was treated for a serious ear infection. Two rounds of antibiotics, 3 types of ear drops and an ear tube later it started to dissipate. All this time I was seeing a local ENT as my surgeon is 3 hours away. I finally gave in to make the drive and found out that due to pressure in my eustation tube the fat pack from surgery is leaking and pushing on the ear drum until the pressure from the pushing ruptures the ear drum and drains out. By the time I saw my surgeon the drainage had nearly stopped (of course) but he could still see what was happening. We opted not to do anything about it unless it was infected because of all that had been done in there during surgery. Well now it's happening again. I've called my local ENT and I'm sure a visit with my surgeon will be next.

Has anyone else had this issue?

Also, I had an MRI last fall, no CSF leak and nothing abnormal all things considered.
Anissa
2/11/09 Diagnosed AN 2.1cm
2/26/09 Consult with Dr. Clough Shelton, U of Utah
4/1/09 Translab with Shelton & Couldwell
--little teensy bit of tumor or cells on facial nerve, stuck! No facial weakness, Rt side SSD
4/8/10 1-yr MRI, "Looks great!"