Author Topic: Facial swelling  (Read 3984 times)

JLR

Facial swelling
« on: March 20, 2017, 12:06:32 pm »
Hi all. I'm 5 months post op. I do haveright sided facial paralysis which is improving but today my face right side is pretty swollen.  I do have a dental appt in the event it's a tooth. Right side mouth still numb. Is the swelling part of the recovery?????? Thank you Joan

mroker

Re: Facial swelling
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2017, 10:49:58 am »
I wish I could have provided help for this question as I am experiencing the same thing. I am currently 8 months post op and still have swelling. My swelling definitely has reduced since surgery however, but obviously not as fast as I would want. Taking anti inflammatories seems to not help at the moment so I am like you in that I am suffering.
3.0cm x 3.0cm x 3.0cm
Translab by Dr. Slattery & Dr. Schwartz HEI 11/8/16
Can move face fine but numbness currently.

JLR

« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2017, 04:04:41 pm »
Hi I'm still slightly swollen. I did read the other day that the swelling is all part of the journey. It's frustrating isn't it..I sure hope I'm recovered by my 12 month post op which is Nov 1. My walking and balance and although that took months of physical therapy is wayyyyy better.  It's just the right sided facial paralysis and deafness and eye closure. Which is getting wAy better I can actually close my eye.  How are you. I'm sorry your going thru this as well. It's a drag isn't it!! Stay well. Joan

mroker

« Reply #3 on: July 26, 2017, 07:43:43 pm »
Yeah it's strange as I haven't needed anti inflammatories for 2 months or so but all of a sudden I am experiencing inflammation again. The annoying part is not knowing what the triggers are.

Hi I'm still slightly swollen. I did read the other day that the swelling is all part of the journey. It's frustrating isn't it..I sure hope I'm recovered by my 12 month post op which is Nov 1. My walking and balance and although that took months of physical therapy is wayyyyy better.  It's just the right sided facial paralysis and deafness and eye closure. Which is getting wAy better I can actually close my eye.  How are you. I'm sorry your going thru this as well. It's a drag isn't it!! Stay well. Joan
3.0cm x 3.0cm x 3.0cm
Translab by Dr. Slattery & Dr. Schwartz HEI 11/8/16
Can move face fine but numbness currently.

JLR

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2017, 03:56:48 am »
Hi all, my right side facial is still swollen. It's puffy. It's actually pressing on my right nostril. Any ideas?? Thanks much, Joan (10 months post op retro)

JanSchell@comcast.net

« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 06:55:01 pm »
Hi, all.  I developed facial swelling and eyelid swelling 7 months post-op and was told I have facial edema.  I'm not sure why it developed so long after my surgery.  I have heard that there are facial massages to help with lymphedema.  I hoping to see physical therapy in next week and maybe they can suggest something or do something.

Thanks
Jan