Author Topic: Passing of Dr. Hitselberger  (Read 3965 times)

Maverickdlp1

Passing of Dr. Hitselberger
« on: February 25, 2017, 01:04:45 pm »
Dr. William E. Hitselberger   May 2, 1930 - February 13, 2014

I am sitting here crying my eyes out - finding out that this wonderful man...who saved my life has passed away and I didn't realize it. I was researching my previous medical information from years past and searched his name, coming across is obituary I am sadden, stunned and shocked. My surgery was in 1996 in Los Angeles, CA - House Ear Institute. It has taken me all this time to recover, reflect and reach out once again.

Dr Hitselberger, Thank you so very much first of all for your kindness, understanding and your God given talent. If not for your talent and teamwork with Dr. Brackmann, I would not have survived a 4.5cm x 2.5cm brain-stem AN. I am truly one of the very blessed who won bigger than ANY LOTTERY can pay out. Thank you for the gift of 20 years of life I wouldn't have had if not for you. May you rest in peace! You will always be in my heart. Donnalisa Persiani

William E. Hitselberger
May 2, 1930 - February 13, 2014 William E. Hitselberger M.D., age 83, of Seal Rock, Oregon and Pasadena, California died February 13, 2014. Bill was born May 2, 1930 in Washington D.C. to James and Helen Hitselberger and is survived by his wife Sue, eight children and five grandchildren. Dr. Hitselberger graduated from the University of Wisconsin where he was a junior Phi Beta Kappa and completed his Doctorate of Medicine at Harvard Medical School in 1956. After interning at the University of Minnesota, he served as a Captain in the US Army/Special Forces, returning to take a fellowship in neuropathology at the Mayo Clinic. Dr. Hitselberger completed his three year training in neurosurgery at the Henry Ford Hospital and in 1963 entered private practice in Los Angeles. In conjunction with William House M.D., Bill developed innovative approaches to skull base tumors. He performed more than 6000 surgeries to remove acoustic neuromas. He was a pioneer in developing the auditory brainstem implant and he directly, or indirectly, helped train most neurotologic surgeons in this country. He made a difference and will be greatly missed. His ashes will be placed with military honors at Arlington National Cemetery later this year. The date and time to be announced.  Published in the Los Angeles Times on Feb. 20, 2014
- See more at: http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/latimes/obituary.aspx?pid=169758977#sthash.WqxHky28.dpuf

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/latimes/obituary.aspx?pid=169758977