Author Topic: I'll be on the port at Maui for my pickup- soon!  (Read 3778 times)

amylynn

I'll be on the port at Maui for my pickup- soon!
« on: November 09, 2006, 03:16:49 am »
Lisa P, Judith, Pembo, jerseygirl,Captain Deb, Obita, nancyann, Brendalu, Bruce, PattiUT, Phyl, Sherry, vcschaub, Cheryl, Battyprincess, gennysmom, Boppie and Linda;
I have such an appetite!  If ya put chocolate in front of me there is pretty much nothing I wont do to get it. Hello Thighs!  I must have gotten 10 pounds of chocolate from friends upon my return from Cali.  Those *****es want me fat! Ha!   I like your bar of chocolate better, Captain Deb.  Thankyou.  I will take all of your advice and rest, well, I will try.  These steroids make me feel like a one eyed wonder woman.  I never had so much energy, my momma is at my house for two weeks to keep me in line.  She deserves a medal of valor!  Been up since 1am and now its 3am.  I'd love to be cleaning but dont want to make my face worse.
All of your posts regarding the facial paralysis are very encouraging, the eye ointment is really helping.  Thank you so very much for the Huggles and info!  Love to all of you!
Amy
amylynn 
3.0cm AN left
sx 10/26/06
House-Friedman/Hitselberger/translab
MO

Palace

• Palace
Re: I'll be on the port at Maui for my pickup- soon!
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2006, 07:04:14 am »
Hello:

I'm up all night all the time and not on steroids.  You poor thing!  I had two days of heavy steroids when the ENT perscribed those in the beginning before, I was diagnosed.  I was supposed to take them for ten days but, only did two under the circumstances.  *(ended up in ER all night with the A-shock from the Pred.)  Anyway, I know what you mean about wanting to "clean."  Hummm, my CK is in a few weeks and of course they want to give me steroids for swelling and nothing else will work for that.  I'm afraid because, there is nothing else they can give me for the swelling and pain.  It sounds like you are doing good.  Bless your heart!

Keep up the good work,

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2006, 07:22:41 am »
Amy,
Be careful...I got thrush from my steroids and it wasn't fun...yuck.  Glad your Momma's gonna be keepin you in line.  Momma's are good for that.  Rest..rest...rest.
Hugs,
BrendaO
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Obita

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2006, 08:43:54 am »
Amylynn:

Take is easy Wonder Woman.  You need your rest.

Chocolate tasted bad to me after surgery.  I was so disappointed.  I too, recieved many boxes of the stuff and couldn't eat it until I was about 3 months post op.  I was afraid I would not like it ever again. 

My Doctor called my after surgery rushes:  "Survivor Euphoria" enhanced by the steroids.  The not much sleep, cleaning out every drawer I had stuff lasted until I was weaned off the steroids. 

Glad you are doing well and thanks for the update!!

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines

Gennysmom

• Genny says "La!"
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2006, 10:06:19 am »
I feel for ya sweetie!  I remember well the Decadron middle of the night hunger yuck.  I couldn't get down my stairs in the middle of the night, so I had to wake my mom up if she hadn't fixed me enough middle of the night munchies that I kept on my nightstand.  For some reason, I couldn't get enough peanut butter on toast.  I would have gotten up to clean if I had felt well enough to do it without falling over  ;D  Hang in there!!!  It will get better, I promise!!!
3.1cm x 2.0cm x 2.1cm rt AN Translab 7/5/06
CSF leak 7/17/06 fixed by 8 day lumbar drain
Dr. Backous, Virgina Mason Seattle
12/26/07 started wearing TransEar

matti

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2006, 10:30:56 am »
God Bless our moms!!!! Mine came to stay with me also, my hubby was a wonderful caregiver, but mom's just seem to know what you need without asking :)

Hang in there, you know we are all praying for you. I hope you have stock pile of good movies to watch at night.

Seems like most women who are put on decadron, clean alot. Do men ???  May have to get my hubby some ;)

hugs and :-*,
Cheryl

3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

suelay

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2006, 04:11:54 pm »
My situation was also similar and they likewise put me on a 2d round of steroids.  In about 3 weeks, my facial function returned to basically normal--i can see a teeny bit of difference but no one else does.  The steroids really did a number on me though--couldn't sleep, my face and neck became all puffy,etc. but I finished taking them as prescribed and am happy to say that most of the fat face is gone--my cheeks, chin and neck are still a little fuller but nothing like they were last week and I have only been off them for a couple of weeks so I'm told I should expect more improvement.  I would be careful not to overeat though as steroids do tend to increase appetitie. Hang in there. 
L AN 16 x8 x8 mm
Retrosigmoid at Mayo Clinic Drs. Link and Driscoll on 9/25/06
Very good result