Author Topic: Venous Angioma  (Read 3876 times)

bostAN

Venous Angioma
« on: November 07, 2006, 08:52:02 am »
Greetings ....

I was diagnosed a few weeks ago with a 2.3cmx1.6cmx1.5cm AN - left ear. I am currently weighing radiation options as two surgeons pointed me in that direction.

However .... I have a bit of a twist as my MRI shows a "Venous Angioma" attached to the AN.  I understand this to me a grouping of blood vessels that feed blood to the brain. Have any of you - my now fellow AN members - had any experience with a Venous Angioma related to your AN.  If so ... what did the doctors tell you?

Thank you!!
John P.

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Venous Angioma
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 08:56:43 am »
Hey John,

Well, I found this:

http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/venous-angioma/AN00853

Hoping others here can chime in to see if anyone has run into it... sounds like it's best left alone, but hey... I'm only the cruise director that makes sure the drinks are watered down! :)

Hang in there!
Phyl

(btw, they found my Chiari 1 the same way they found venous-angioma... accidently)
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

bostAN

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 09:07:17 am »
Thanks Phyl .... I'd also seen that article and others that say "leave them alone ... do not radiate ... do not operate".  I guess this leaves me with the question ... is my AN then untreatable.  Is it possible to radiate the tumor but not damage this Venous Angioma that is located near it?  ( I know - all good questions for the doctors - just wondering if anyone here had the same issue).

Thanks!!!!!

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 09:20:57 am »
No problem John.

If you are then looking at radio-surgery, my thought (right or wrong) would be the accurracy of the radio-treatment and making sure minimal radiation would hit the veins.....

In your radio-research, I would ask the radio-oncologists their thoughts on it.  But, I know you already know that! :)

BTW, brunch?  I hope so!

Ok, keeping mouth shut now... get it on tape as no one will believe I'm getting quiet now.
Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"