Author Topic: Just checking in...  (Read 3838 times)

tatianne

Just checking in...
« on: November 06, 2006, 08:23:32 am »
Hi everyone,
i havent been posting a lot but i have been checking in regularly to make sure everyone is doing OK...
Capt Deb I was happy to see that your MRI was clear.
Muscottie, I didnt see your update on your results ??
Pearl when is the wedding ??
Im doing OK, my MRI is in January and the closer the date comes the more nervous I get.
This is definitly an issue that stays with me on a daily basis, every onc ein a while i forget for a day or two, which is kinda nice.
I sometimes thnik my other ear has mild ringing, although my hearing has not changed in that ear. Has this happened to anyone here ? Once soeone mentioned that the brain transfers the sound to the other ear sometimes.
I guess Im going through a more concerned about the AN then usual phase....
take care guys and girls
Tatianne
Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm
GK surgery completed on May 4, 2009 in Sherbrook Quebec, hoping and praying this will be the beginning of the end of my AN......

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
Re: Just checking in...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2006, 01:48:09 am »
Hi Tatianne!!

We've missed hearing from you.  Glad you are doing okay.  Yeah, we all go through good days and bad days.  Days when the AN sort of fades into the background and then it comes rushing back the next day and says "Here I Am!!!"  And you want to just grab it by the throat and throttle it to death and be done with the dumb thing.  It's the pitts.

Su in Vancouver, USA

Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

tatianne

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2006, 07:23:35 am »
sue that is exactly what i feel like doing with the little nuissance that it is...you got it right on.
Other times i remember that my situation could be much worse and i have to remember to be thankful for all the blessings in my life. Its a roller coaster ride, thats for sure.
How are you doing Sue ?
Waith and Watcher
July 2006 8mm
Jan 2007 9.5 mm
Jan 2009 1.4 cmm x 5mm
GK surgery completed on May 4, 2009 in Sherbrook Quebec, hoping and praying this will be the beginning of the end of my AN......

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2006, 08:04:36 am »
H Tatianne,

I'm Palace and still awaiting if anyone would like to meet at the only place there is, on the hwy., in Davenport.  (the only *real* restaurant)  I'm in California and that is on the coast.  Sure there are places up the coast and places down the coast but, this is a quiet place and a B&B.  It is ALONE and across from the ocean.  There are big rocks and a lovely view, for Peace!  If anyone wants a quick weekend *get away,* call that place.  Here is the risk, they just changed owners and the place has gone a major revamp.  I stopped in for a cup of decaf and it didn't have the "good-ol-feel" and the fab "down-to-earth" gift shop it used to.  The food was good, nice places upstairs to rent with a view of the ocean, etc.  If you feel like giving it a chance, check the web page.  I think they still have one.  (Davenport Cash Store)  We all are looking to find our new "self" with the AN problem.  I have two dogs or I'd stay there myself.  It is about an hour drive from my home.  People who drive down from San Francisco, know the place.  The ocean/surf is loud and a nice RING in the one ear.  Does anyone else recommend a special place to get away for the holiday season for a rest?  I have dogs so, we take them to a place off the dog book.  (doggy B&B)  I don't think I can afford to get away, this year.  This AN thing is making us "cleaned-out."  My Christmas present is to get this thing "zapped" for the last time on, December 1st.

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

wind6

• Winch Wench ;)
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2006, 01:28:22 pm »
Hi Tatianne,
Glad you started this thread. I needed to just check in too. Sometimes I need to check out for a while but I also stop by and see how everyone is doing. I have my next MRI on Dec.1 and meet with my surgeons to go over options on Dec. 4th so my anxiety level is climbing. I really, really didnt want to deal with this again :-\
Wish I could join the NE gang for breakfast and forget all about this treatment stuff for a bit. Hope all is well with everyone. Hugs, Sherry
2.5cm x 3.1cm facial nerve neuroma
removed 8-2-2005(retrosigmoid)
St.Johns Hospital-Springfield,Illinois
Dr.Michael McIlhany and Dr.Carol Bauer
Wait n' watch mode for 8 years.
Gamma Knife at Northwestern Memorial Hospital. Chicago,IL. Dr. James P. Chandler. July 10, 2013.

Sue

• Que sera, sera
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2006, 02:11:58 pm »
Tatianne (I just love saying your name...it's so pretty.), I am doing okay.  Thanks for asking.  My next MRI is in Jan or Feb...so I'm getting curious as to what is going on in my head! I'm sure a lot of people wonder what's going on in my head, at any given time of the day. ;D  Maybe the MRI will give us a clue.

Hope all is well in your neck of the woods.

Sue in Vancouver USA
Sue in Vancouver, USA
 2 cm Left side
Diagnosed 3/13/06 GK 4-18-06
Gamma Knife Center of Oregon
My Blog, where you can read my story.

http://suecollins-blog.blogspot.com/2010/02/hello.html

The only good tumor be a dead tumor. Which it's becoming. Necrosis!
Poet Lorry-ate of Goode

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
« Reply #6 on: November 07, 2006, 02:28:52 pm »
Hey Tatiane!  Bonjour hun!

Wedding was last month... some pictures noted on my 'frappr' page (see my link below my post here).

I do hope you are doing well. Have thought of you often.

signed,
Mrs. Cheeky Bloke
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

Obita

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2006, 06:52:08 pm »
Hi Tatianne:

I am so glad you are able to put the AN on the back burner once in a while.  Acceptance will do that.

January is a long way away, try not to think about it. 

ppearl214:  I saw your wedding photos on your frappr site.  You look raidiant and beautiful.  Cheeky Bloke is one handsome chap!!

Kathy
Kathy - Age 54
2.5 cm translab May '04
University of Minnesota - Minneapolis
Dr. Sam Levine - Dr. Stephen Haines