Author Topic: Friedman and Schwartz  (Read 3161 times)

sharonov

• 1.7 X 1.3 X 1.1. Retro sigmoid at House, Schwartz
Friedman and Schwartz
« on: November 19, 2016, 10:34:54 am »
I wish these guys still worked together, but they don't.  I sent my MRI's to both, and did get a return call from Kris, who head's the AN center at Keck.  She was very helpful, and said that I should hear back from Dr. Frieman by Monday (they just got the MRI on Friday, and he was in Colorado.)

I talked to a male assistant of Dr. Schwartz, who said that they prefer to do radio surgery on people of my age (74.)  I explained that I was in excellent health, and my primary reason for wanting the tumor out was that it was causing the excruciating pain of trigeminal neuralgia.  I also know that radio surgery tends to swell the tumor before it shrinks.  I can't imagine the pain if the damned thing got even bigger!

Add to that the fact that I've had breast cancer and my body already had some pretty high doses of radiation.  All in all, I was very unhappy after I spoke to him, but figured that talking to his boss would make me feel different.

The boss has not called.  Dr. Schwartz will have received my MRI and audiogram as of last Wednesday.  No call.  I tried to call back, but of course got a voicemail (not his) and left a message.

So.......who's had surgery at Keck with Dr. Friedman & Dr. Giannoti (sp.)???  The only messages I see on the board are for House.  I'm ready to submit my head to Dr Friedman, but need reassurance!!!

mroker

Re: Friedman and Schwartz
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2016, 06:51:04 pm »
Have you got sorted out yet? Haven't seen any updates.
3.0cm x 3.0cm x 3.0cm
Translab by Dr. Slattery & Dr. Schwartz HEI 11/8/16
Can move face fine but numbness currently.

sharonov

• 1.7 X 1.3 X 1.1. Retro sigmoid at House, Schwartz
« Reply #2 on: December 18, 2016, 11:32:11 pm »
Yep, I'm at House recovering from a successful retro sigmoid de- bulking and MVD with Dr. Schwartz.

mroker

« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2016, 04:26:23 pm »
Great. Glad to hear everything went well.
3.0cm x 3.0cm x 3.0cm
Translab by Dr. Slattery & Dr. Schwartz HEI 11/8/16
Can move face fine but numbness currently.