Author Topic: Sacramento, CA - Saturday, January 21, 2017  (Read 10235 times)

ANA Forum Admin

• Global Moderator
Sacramento, CA - Saturday, January 21, 2017
« on: November 14, 2016, 02:17:48 pm »
SACRAMENTO, CALIFORNIA
SUPPORT GROUP MEETING INVITATION
Please plan to join us at the next meeting of your Acoustic Neuroma Support Group.
We welcome you to learn about the latest treatment options, to network with other acoustic neuroma
patients and find encouragement and support.

DATE/TIME:
Saturday, January  21, 2017
1:00 - 3:00 PM

El Dorado Hills Store
3935 Park Drive
El Dorado Hills, CA 95762

DIRECTIONS:
El Dorado Hills is east of the city of Sacramento. From Hwy 50, take exit 30B toward El Dorado Hills Blvd.
Merge onto Latrobe Road (which will turn into El Dorado Hills Blvd when going north). Turn right on
Saratoga Way. Turn left into Raley’s shopping center.  The event center is in the back section of the store.

TOPICS:
Caring, Sharing and Networking

FOR ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND TO RSVP,
PLEASE CONTACT YOUR SUPPORT GROUP LEADER/FACILITATOR:
Hazel Berman, Support Group Leader/Facilitator

The meeting will be facilitated by Hazel Berman, a post-treatment acoustic neuroma patient.

Who should attend? Family members, caregivers, friends and interested persons are encouraged to attend.

Benefits of attending a local support group include communicating in a nurturing, non-judgmental environment
with others who have shared a common acoustic neuroma experience; sharing information on dealing with specific problems,
overcoming handicaps and reassuring others that better times lie ahead; educating and informing each other about the latest
 acoustic neuroma topics of interest; and providing emotional support to all patients, both pre- and post-treatment. This helps
in reducing the isolation and loneliness that many acoustic neuroma patients feel.

pbjoneal172

Re: Sacramento, CA - Saturday, January 21, 2017
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2017, 01:01:15 pm »
Hazel, I am in Antelope.  Are there any meetings closer to North Sacramento?  My one vestiblular was removed fully along with the auditoty and facial nerve on the right side in 2001 and
i am dealing with constant headaches I thought were caffeine headaches, my balance seems to be getting worse, We have eliminated all my extra meds, most of which symptomatically caused dizziness, and it's still hard to get up without always watching that
i have something to grab.  I am looking for any kind of therapy or natural solutions from anyone.

ANA Forum Admin

• Global Moderator
Re: Sacramento, CA - Saturday, January 21, 2017
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2017, 07:54:32 am »
Hi pbjoneal172,

Thanks for your inquiry about the Sacramento support group - currently this is the only ANA support group in the Sacramento area.  If you would like to receive notifications about upcoming meetings for this group as well as information about headaches and balance, please contact ANA.  We can also put you in touch with other ANA volunteers that have experienced these issues. 

I hope this is helpful -
Melanie Hutchins
Manager of Volunteer Programs