Author Topic: After last CK radiation appointment  (Read 2471 times)

Palace

• Palace
After last CK radiation appointment
« on: November 05, 2006, 05:29:44 pm »
Hi,

OK, after Dec. 1st (when the 22mm AN gets the last "zap") then is it, "Good Bye" at Stanford until another MRI (maybe 6 mo. later or so?) or do they have a consultation to discuss how it went or how you feel after the CK?

Anyone know an answer to this from experience after say, GK or CK?

I meant to ask that question before.  It is three weeks from tomorrow for my Ct. scan (right after Thanksgiving) and a couple of days after the Ct scan then the three days in a row of CK.  So, after that week what usually happens?  (nothing for about six mo. or so.........no more appointments?)

It is getting closer now so, I'm looking at my holiday calendar.

Thank you,

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

marystro

Re: After last CK radiation appointment
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2006, 08:54:22 pm »
Hi Palace,

After my last treatment at Stanford, I met with my doctor.  He basically said "take MRI in 6 months and see you then" in addition to "there would be some swelling and may be louder tinnitus".  That was 3 months ago.  I did not go back to Stanford since then.

My swelling must have started as I am now getting some side effects (you can see my other post on 3 Months Post CK Side Effects?".  They are discomforts, a little painful but not untolerable.  My AN is about your size and must be irritating the facial nerve.  From reading the posts here and the CK support group link, there is nothing I can do but wait for the swelling to subside which may be months?

The only contact I have had with Stanford since then is mostly via emails and the doctors are very responsive.  I also post questions to the CK Support Group link "Ask the Doctors" and get my questions answered.

I am not planning to go back to Stanford before my next MRI unless side effects become out of control.  So, my next visit if I take it all will be in February, 6 months post CK.  I may even opt to just send my MRI scan to them and get results via telephone or email.

Hope this helps,
Mary
Mary
July 2006 - 22 x 18 x 20 mm
August 2006 - CK at Stanford by Dr. Chang/Dr. Soltys
February 2008 - 19 x 15 x 20 mm and stable
May 2009 - 17 x 14 x 18 mm