Author Topic: 11 Months after Radiation-MRI results  (Read 2901 times)

Patti

11 Months after Radiation-MRI results
« on: October 12, 2016, 01:25:38 pm »
I called today to get the results of my MRI, and surprisingly they returned my call (rare occurrence for this experience).  The resident just said "there is no tumor growth" and I asked her to e-mail me the report and (surprisingly) she did.  Then I got off the phone and had many questions.  Of course I wished they not only gave me the results but also their interpretation of the results.  The report stated "there was no change in the size or appearance of the tumor".  I ask my fellow ANers, should there be some change or is it too early?  FYI - this is a recurrence as seen in my signature below.  Patti
4 cm AN removed 12/2000
subsequent brain swelling
removal of part of cerebellum
face, scalp,tongue numbness and partial paralysis
no corneal sensation and no tears-frequent eye issues
cognitive issues
Regrowth (3.1 x ..86 cm) treated by SRS on November 6, 2015

Blw

Re: 11 Months after Radiation-MRI results
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2016, 08:18:21 pm »
Not surprising. They can actually get larger (mine was at 6 months) and/or show a central area of darkening (mine did). Although some people say that the darkening is necrosis, my doctor didn't completely agree with the terminology, but that is a positive outcome. I think the most frequent outcome is no change at all--the tumor is "stable" or "controlled". I think you have to wait 2+ years before you can begin to conclude anything. During that time, anything can and does happen.

Patti

Re: 11 Months after Radiation-MRI results
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2016, 06:12:09 am »
Thanks for the reply! I am going to switch doctors and hospitals someday.  Does anyone know when my next MRI should be?
4 cm AN removed 12/2000
subsequent brain swelling
removal of part of cerebellum
face, scalp,tongue numbness and partial paralysis
no corneal sensation and no tears-frequent eye issues
cognitive issues
Regrowth (3.1 x ..86 cm) treated by SRS on November 6, 2015