Author Topic: 2 months post-op  (Read 2000 times)

tpeck2016

2 months post-op
« on: March 23, 2017, 02:20:14 pm »
Hello All,

I am almost 2 months from surgery to remove a 3.5cm AN. Still dealing with minor issues; constant ringing in the ear, diminished taste, light headiness with quick head movements. I am back at work and find I get a headache towards the end of day.  Has anyone else experienced these issues? How long before they went away?  DR. says the numbness behind ear will probably be permanent along with SSD and ringing in the ear.

Taylor

riabovamd

Re: 2 months post-op
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2017, 09:25:08 pm »
Hello, I had mine translab 2 months ago as well. I was back to work in 2 weeks.  Overall, much better than before, but I am having some intermittent sensations in the facial nerve distribution, tingling lips and altered taste. Slight dizziness at times. No headaches, but I never had them in the first place.  Need to sleep more (instead of working out before work, getting extra hour to sleep).  Hope these are  not signs of regrowth , but healing.  My  MRI is in May... Keep posting how is your progress...

TomB66

« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2017, 12:54:33 pm »
I am 18 months post op and did not have the headaches every day, but I do get them more often than a person who did not go through AN surgery.  I would suggest that you talk to your neurosurgeon and have him recommend a neurologist who specializes in headaches.  There are some meds that may be able to help you. 
1.6cm retrosigmoid, 10/1/2015.  Living the dream....

sheren

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2017, 02:50:04 pm »
I am 14 months post op and i still get that annoying ringing in my ear. as for the headaches, you should definitely check with your doctors as i did the same and it turned out that i had a case of bad migraines that did not relate to my surgery at all. i was given a different medication for it cause it was not helping with my actual post op headaches at all. light headedness is normal for the first few months. physical therapy helped a lot for me especially with the dizziness (: hope everything turns out well for u!
Translab surgery done on 24th february 2016 when I was 24 years old.
3.4cm tumor on the right
Dr Friedman & Giannotta of Keck Hospital USC

Anyone who needs to talk, get informations or needs support please don't hesitate to email me (: sherenhl@hotmail.com