Author Topic: Doctor recommendations please  (Read 2732 times)

JLR

Doctor recommendations please
« on: September 12, 2016, 02:09:19 pm »
Although I have an appointment at end of October for the AN surgery. I was told Columbia Presbyterian was an excellent hospital for that type of surgery. Does anyone have a doctor recommendation at that hospital. I'm so dam confused. I was all set for Westchester Medical Center and I just heard that is not the best hosp. My surgeon I believe is very good though. Help!!!! Thanks. JLR

UpstateNY

Re: Doctor recommendations please
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2016, 01:42:59 pm »
JLR,
I don't have any info on Columbia Pres, but there are many on this forum that have had surgery at NYU Langone with Drs. Roland and Golfinos.  You can search for this site or physicians in the search box for those posts if you are interested.

The highest volume surgical sites in the country are the House Clinic (Drs. Slattery and Schwartz are recommended) and USC (Drs. Friedman and Giannotta are recommended) in Los Angeles, if you are willing to travel.  Both of these sites will give phone consultations if you send them your MRI.
Apr 2015: Diagnosed with 8mm AN at age 49
Oct 2015: MRI showed growth to 12mm
Feb 2016: Completely removed via Transcochlear approach at House Clinic; no facial/eye issues, balance improved
Aug 2016: MRI shows no regrowth/residual tumor

My story:  http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=22581.0