Author Topic: Good News and Happy August!  (Read 3543 times)

seh0308

Good News and Happy August!
« on: August 02, 2016, 08:24:47 am »
Hi Everyone,

I haven't posted on here in a while, but I just wanted to take the time to share a little something that can hopefully give some people a little comfort who are either starting their AN journey, in the post-surgery phase, or having that dreaded 1 year MRI to check for regrowth (or beyond!). 

Back in Jan 2015 I had my 3.2cm (what I thought to be 2.6cm but then it was changed after they got it out!) AN removed.  I was 30 at the time, newly married for 2 months and terrified.  I had Translab at House, traveling from PA, so I lost my hearing and unfortunately for me my balance was apparently fine before surgery but I was a bit of a mess after.  I also came out of surgery with full facial function (a 1 on the HB scale) to after two weeks I went to a 6 on my right side.  They even left a piece of tumor in as to not damage my facial nerve.  Needless to say it was not what I imagined would happen. 

You can see on my previous posts that I was just terrified nothing would get better.  BUT the purpose of this post is to say IT DID!  It has been a long road, and one that I am still figuring out as I go.  My facial function came back after a lot of praying, acupuncture (I don't know if it is the turning point for me but  I am convinced it helped) and patience.  Which...I also know is the last thing anyone ever wants to hear when going on this journey...just give it time. 

Slowly...I got back to my new normal, which for me I am really fortunate is pretty much back to myself except for having to position myself correctly in a restaurant to hear people!  I even had our first child in June with an uneventful pregnancy and now a happy and healthy baby boy.  I JUST got my 1 year MRI - which is more like a year and a half due to putting it off to have my son.  And, luckily for me there is no growth!  I am clear for another year to go on living, adjusting and just being happy.  I am back to playing volleyball, running, traveling, and being a better version of the pre-AN me. 

I know each person has their own journey, and I know above is an abbreviated version of mine but I just wanted to share my positive story which is still ongoing, but I am pretty happy with it all.  Thank you to this community and I hope that this can give anyone going through the AN adventure some hope that even if it feels like everything is falling apart...it will get better.  IT WILL.

All the best,
Sarah
2.6cm AN diagnosed 12/11/2014
decreased hearing, some facial tingling, and tinnitus

WhatnotGems

• WhatnotGems Vintage on Etsy
Re: Good News and Happy August!
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2016, 08:45:55 am »
Happy August to you also.

You post is very encouraging Thank you
June 2016 diagnosed Acoustic Neuroma is 11 x 7 mm
2005 diagnosed Pituitary Adenoma now 16 x 6 x 7 mm

seh0308

Re: Good News and Happy August!
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 03:19:09 pm »
Thank you WhatnotGems! 

I hope you are having a wonderful summer.
Take care
2.6cm AN diagnosed 12/11/2014
decreased hearing, some facial tingling, and tinnitus