Author Topic: neck pain with headache  (Read 5824 times)

WhatnotGems

• WhatnotGems Vintage on Etsy
neck pain with headache
« on: July 24, 2016, 06:32:41 pm »
I have had severe neck pain for the last 24 hours and a dull headache so bad I cannot stand to put my hearing aids in.

anyone else had this symptom?
June 2016 diagnosed Acoustic Neuroma is 11 x 7 mm
2005 diagnosed Pituitary Adenoma now 16 x 6 x 7 mm

Christian245

Re: neck pain with headache
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2016, 11:34:11 pm »
I have had severe neck pain for the last 24 hours and a dull headache so bad I cannot stand to put my hearing aids in.

anyone else had this symptom?
Have you taken an MRI scan? I also had experienced the same. The pain was so severe that I researched a lot and talked with other people who faced the same problem. With one of my friends suggestion I took the chiropractic treatment( http://www.physiomed.ca/treatments/chiropractic/ ) and it yielded immediate results. In my experience, depending on the severity, it will be better to visit a chiro in your case after taking a detailed MRI scan.

DizzyMamaIL

• Facebook
« Reply #2 on: July 26, 2016, 08:57:58 am »
I finished radiation in May. I started getting headaches in June. They're pretty much constant at this point. No neck pain though. Headaches and vertigo that make it difficult to do pretty much anything.
February 2012 - first doctor visit for vertigo
January 2015 - sudden hearing loss
January 2016 - dx AN 1.1 cm x 2 cm
May 2016 - radiation; June 2016 to present - headaches, vertigo; October 2016 - one episode of facial paralysis

bobw2829

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2016, 07:51:37 am »
I have headaches from time to time... not too severe unless I drink alcohol, which I've pretty much given up.  I do have neck pain. I occurs right where the shoulder and neck muscles meet. The pain is most noticeable when I wake up in the morning. It's really tight in the morning, then loosens up as the day goes on. My incision is still healing. I am two months post surgery. That's not a lot of time for healing regarding this procedure. Hope to be in better shape in the coming months.

Elsy

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2016, 10:52:16 pm »
I'm post GK for 6 weeks and started having headaches that feel like 'intense pressure from the crown of my head towards the shoulders'. These occur periodically through the day. Think they're worse when I'm hungry.
Would love to hear from anyone with similar experiences.