Author Topic: Hey Gang, Road Trip's back  (Read 11368 times)

Crazycat

• Self-Portrait/ "Friends, Romans, countrymen...."
Re: Hey Gang, Road Trip's back
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2006, 11:43:33 am »
Thank you Palace! You should pick up a copy of Tom Wolfe's book, I think you'll really enjoy it!

Paul
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 
Compounded by hydrocephalus. Shunt installed 8/10/2005.
Dr. Fred Barker - Neurosurgeon and Dr. Michael McKenna - Neurotologist.

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2006, 11:53:50 am »
Paul,

I was going to respond to your email by saying that I put that "read," on my X-mas list.  I will need this after my Standford appointments.  I have the personality of Jackson Pollock and you?  BTW, one of his paintings just sold for a BIG BUNCH!  I only do watercolours, as you know.  The JP in my watercolours comes out.  People that have bought my paintings appreciate "color" (placement) which can come-off as wild.  They must have that personality to appreciate them.  That was an interesting post, your last one.  I missed all the fun back in the sixties.  I've changed and I would do my life totally different if I had it to do again.  I was too "straight" for my own good.  Moving *it* back to my camp.....

Regards,

Palace
22 mm Acoustic Neuroma (right side)
Cyberknife, Nov. & Dec. 2006
Dr. Iris Gibbs & Dr. Blevins @ Stanford
single sided deafness

Laura

« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2006, 11:57:51 am »
  In the mid-sixties they piled into a psychodelic painted schoolbus and drove across the country

HA HA - Were they driving the Mystery Mobile?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 11:59:45 am by Laura »
Diagnosed August 17, 2006
AN on right side 1cm x 7mm x 7mm
30% hearing loss with no other symptoms
Watching and Waiting
http://www.patient-network.com/lparr
It's mind over "matter"... even if the "matter" is in my mind

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2006, 12:08:57 pm »
OK on the level ......

Here is what I think we can all do if we go broke and can't collect a dime, or if no person will hire us with AN problems.............pile in one of those colored "flowered" buses and start a new AN Peace movement.  I haven't tried pot for my facial pain but, I have to admit..........I was thinking about it.  Yeah, I was a late bloomer and tried some stuff in the early seventies but, nothing too hard.  I wanted to save my brain and monies for retirement.  I should have gone to concerts and that is my regret.  (not that I didn't fry my brain; I don't regret that I didn't do that)  Now lots of money is going with this AN thing, including my brain stem nerve.  Go figure!

Bummer........have a "trippin' day,"

Palace

PS I'm not sure I have as much time as this forum takes but, you all have been nice to me and I hope I've helped others.
single sided deafness

Crazycat

« Reply #19 on: November 02, 2006, 12:52:38 pm »
Yes Palace, I sort of have the personality of Jackson Pollack as well. In fact, I am an artist as well as a musician. What's your email? Ill send you my self portrait and you'll understand, immediately.

Paul
5cm x 5cm left-side A.N. partially removed via Middle Fossa 9/21/2005 @ Mass General. 

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #20 on: November 02, 2006, 01:08:24 pm »
Paul:

I guess you could post your painting as your logo; that would be legal, right?

Oh, I can't give out my email addy because of security/virus, etc.  I share this computer and remember, "I'm an honest Joe."  (as in Joe Cocker)  If you can change your logo, you could put up your famous "self-portrait," for awhile.  Yes, I'm sure I would appreciate it, personally and others might.  I'm glad to hear that you express yourself in your artwork.  Maybe we could form a new AN band.  I'd like to hear who does music and what instruments they play.  We are real people here and have talents besides growing things in our head.  It must be the talent growing out our ears.  Come on other people and tell us your "out-lets" that you have for your escape from the sad AN stories.  I see you people stray from the AN discussion to some more happier times and hopefully, we can make happy times in our future and share on this forum.

Stoked,

Palace
single sided deafness

nancyann

• carpe diem
« Reply #21 on: November 02, 2006, 01:16:10 pm »
Hi there Palace - classical piano is my passion, Claude de Bussey's Clair de lune my favorite piece.   Also love love love jazz.  Even though I'm an ameteur, piano has gotten me thru some tough times.  As does travelling, unfortunately, I used all my sick/vacation time on the 2 months I was out with the AN, but I'm steadily gaining more time in the piggy bank.   Can't wait to hit the road again.
Nancy
2.2cm length x 1.7cm width x 1.3cm  depth
retrosigmoid 6/19/06
Gold weight 7/19/06, removed 3/07
lateral tarsel strip X3
T3 procedure 11/20/07
1.6 Gm platinum weight 7/10/08
lateral canthal sling 11/14/08
Jones tube insert right inner eye 2/27/09
2.4 Gm. Platinum chain 2017
right facial paralysis

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2006, 02:21:14 pm »
Dear Road Trippin' Dale........Classy Nancy and Apollo Pauly,

We didn't forget you Dale as, this is your topic.  As for Classical Nancy........I love jazz also but, not progressive jazz for me....I used to go to The Lighthouse in Hermosa Beach for my jazz fix and Paul.......you could forward the picture by the forum choice.  (without using the actual email yourself; I have gotten private posts aready, from this forum without actually giving out my email address.  I don't know if it will forward attachments, though.  I don't usually open foreign attachments.  I would love to see your painting, though.  Thank you for your time if you try to send it.  (or maybe you are busy changing it to a logo)

My face hurts more than yesterday but, I'm trying to get by on nothing.....no pills, no wine, no nothing but, your humor right now.  It is hard as, some pain days are worse than others.  I still don't know why that is.  Does anyone?  Is this AN moving around and off the nerve area somedays or is that possible.  I know it can as it grows at least that is what a doctor told me.

Thank you for those who share their tallents.  I took seven years of piano but, haven't played for years.  I haven't ever owned my own piano.  I had private lessons when I was young and lived at my parents house.

Put music in your life while you have *some* hearing left........

Palace
single sided deafness

HeadCase2

• Carpe Grog
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2006, 02:38:03 pm »
Crazycat,
  I read recently that the Bus is slated for restoration.  I doubt that Ken Kesey would approve, everyones been Off the Bus for several decades.  The psychedelic paint job is a bit faded from it's former glory, see http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/10792061/from/RL.5/
Regards,
 Rob
« Last Edit: November 02, 2006, 02:41:13 pm by HeadCase2 »
1.5 X 1.0 cm AN- left side
Retrosigmoid 2/9/06
Duke Univ. Hospital

GrogMeister of the PBW

matti

« Reply #24 on: November 02, 2006, 02:56:20 pm »
Hey Palace, it's never to late to go to a rock concert. You aren't that far from me, I'll pick you up on my way to The Who concert next week.

I'm a post-op AN graduate of Stanford ;)

Cheryl
3.5 cm  - left side  Single sided deafness 
Middle Fossa Approach - California Ear Institute at Stanford - July 1998
Dr. Joseph Roberson and Dr. Gary Steinberg
Life is great at 50

Crazycat

« Reply #25 on: November 02, 2006, 03:43:51 pm »
Yes Rob, I saw something not too long ago about that.

Poor Kesey though. He died a few years ago from liver cancer.

Paul

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #26 on: November 02, 2006, 10:27:15 pm »
Cheryl,

It is too bad I have a series of appointments lined up or I'd join ya for the LA road trip.  I have many of The Who DVD's.  (put up on big screen in our home entertainment room)  The tickets are over five hundred dollars for a seat close up for AN people to hear. 8)  That is a drop in the bucket compared to the cost I will pay for my AN adventure.  Years ago, I could have bought several homes for what is coming financially for me soon.  You all know what I'm talking about.  Party hardy.........and live for the moment.  HAVE FUN!  We might meet someday as, it sounds like you are a neighbor to me.

Broke in No. Ca.,

Palace
single sided deafness

Road Trip Dale

• Dale - 6 days after surgery!
    • Frappr/dale
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2006, 08:50:14 am »
I'm here....no worries Palace, I just like to start the treads and then see where they head off too.  I picked up a cold the other day, which was a real shock since I haven't had a cold or the Flu, etc., in over three years, ever since I got out of Kansas City, its polution, and being around the plague ridden grandkids all the time ;D, but it just jumped up and bit me.  Must be the bigger bugs in Texas.

For those that don't know and may care, Carol and I live year round in our 40' mansion on wheels and tow a tricked out Jeep Liberty behind us.  We gave up our stick house about 4 years ago and hit the road.  After 30 years in the Army, going through several conflicts, and 10 years in the Corporate world, we decided we weren't having any fun, decided to go see what I spent all that time defending, and I'll tell you it was worth every moment.

By the way just for informational purposes we, Carol and I, are from the Northern California area.  She's from Modesto, and I was from Marysville/Yuba City.  Most of our family (with the exception of two of our kids who live in Kansas City) still live in the Northern California area.  Anyway, I love the conversations......

RTD
1.75 AN Right Side
Translab 4/16/06
Dr. Charles Leutje and Dr. Paul Camarata
St Luke's, Kansas City, MO

Palace

• Palace
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2006, 10:57:26 am »
RE:

They were immortalized in a book written by Tom Wolfe entitled: "The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test. It's a great read! In the mid-sixties they piled into a psychodelic painted schoolbus and drove across the country to meet with Timothy Leary, the Harvard Professor turned L.S.D. guru who was holed up in a mansion with his "people" tripping his brains out on lysergic acid somewhere in New York.

****My book is "in" at the library and I have to go pick it up today.

Thank you again for the reading recommendation,

Palace
single sided deafness

Captain Deb

• Phearless Phyll and Captain Deb!
    • Captain Deb
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2006, 01:02:56 pm »
I may be dating myself, but the bus was called "Furthur" and you were either "on the bus" or "off the bus"--Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test still one of my favorite books!!! Yikes!!
Welcome back RTD and Co.!!
Haven't you just loved the Buffett Concerts on Radiomargaritaville?
Have you got a copy of "Take the Weather With You" yet? Two of my all time favorite covers--"Silver Wings" and Elvis Blues" are on it.
Also new full length concert DVD--Live at Wrigley Field--bout time!!!
Capt "Parrot Head" Deb 8)
"You only have two choices, having fun or freaking out"-Jimmy Buffett
50-ish with a 1x.7x.8cm.AN
Mid-fossa HEI, Jan 03 Friedman & Hitselberger
Chronic post-op headaches
Captain & Designated Driver of the PBW