Author Topic: Hair loss 3 months after translab  (Read 2189 times)

mag

• 1.7 cm. AN - translab March 21, 2016
Hair loss 3 months after translab
« on: July 16, 2016, 04:23:04 pm »
I am 3 months post translab and about 2 weeks ago, I noticed some hair in the shower drain after my shower .  This has continued over the past two weeks.  Not a huge amount of hair - but definitely a handful each day!  Thankfully I have a very thick head of hair, so it's not noticeable to others, but  its definitely noticeable to me. 

Just curious to know if anyone else has experienced hair loss. If so, does it come back?
Mag -post translab at Mayo Clinic - Rochester MN.  Drs. Carlson (ENT) and VanGompel (neuro).  Great results!

bethtretrault

Re: Hair loss 3 months after translab
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2016, 03:25:23 pm »
Definitely happened to me!  From about 2.5 months to 5 months but it is growing back (which is good because my hair is NOT thick). The MD said the anesthesia and the stress on the body both contribute to the hair loss.
beth
12/2013 5mmx4mmx4mm left
tinnitus, w&w
5/2015 7mm-louder tinnitus, occasional dizziness
retro sigmoid 11/2015

mag

• 1.7 cm. AN - translab March 21, 2016
« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2016, 08:01:24 pm »
Beth -

Thanks so much for your reply..  You are the first one that I've heard from and what a relief to know that your hair did grow back after a few months.

My docs were unfamiliar with this. 

Hope all else is well with you.

Mary Anne
Mag -post translab at Mayo Clinic - Rochester MN.  Drs. Carlson (ENT) and VanGompel (neuro).  Great results!

Sheba

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 10:14:51 pm »
could be steroids tapered off ?

google this:  steroid taper and hair loss

steroids take many days to wear off/exit your system after you stop taking the pills,
as they finally wear off, hair loss happens to some people
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 10:28:23 pm by Sheba »
Diagnosed 4/2016 1.4cm AN.  Mild hearing loss and tinnitus.
Removed 7/2016 at Keck, Drs. Freidman and Giannotta, Retrosig approach.  Lost hearing in AN ear, but no other negative outcomes.  Will investigate bone anchored hearing devices.