Author Topic: Balance Issues and Headaches Getting Worse  (Read 2029 times)

Patti

Balance Issues and Headaches Getting Worse
« on: July 08, 2016, 08:59:54 am »
So, as you can see by my signature, I have gone through various things with my AN.  I read all posts but I would like to ask some questions.  When I had microsurgical removal in 2000, I had to have a partial cerebellectomy a few days later to make room for brain swelling.  It was 15 years until i found regrowth and by the i still had balance issues but amazingly enough was very active, most recently (3 years) in a high imact interval trainig course 3 X a week.  But lately the headaches and face aches are worse and balance issues are worse. I know this could be the tumor swelling, but since this is the second time around I was wondering the following: Was the balance nerve totally ruined from the first surgery and all my healing was just learning to compensate with the good side? Could the new tumor be swelling and pressing my cerebellum again even though the cerebellum is much smaller? Thank God I go for an MRI on August 5th! But I won't get the results until the end of August.  My thought are getting increasingly more obsessive about my tumor.  Does anyone have anything to share-bad or good?
4 cm AN removed 12/2000
subsequent brain swelling
removal of part of cerebellum
face, scalp,tongue numbness and partial paralysis
no corneal sensation and no tears-frequent eye issues
cognitive issues
Regrowth (3.1 x ..86 cm) treated by SRS on November 6, 2015