Author Topic: Post surgery pain  (Read 2897 times)

dadburnett

• GK 2006
Post surgery pain
« on: June 14, 2016, 06:35:02 pm »
Hi all, I had gamma knife in 2007 and surgery to remove tumor in 2013. Now in 2016 I am experiencing tenderness, painful itch and discomfort a surgery site (nothing visible). was told that a titanium screen was used to close skull. Am wondering if there have been any problems with such screens? Is infection possible three years after surgery?
Jim, Happy Valley, Oregon
JimB

mar

Re: Post surgery pain
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2016, 12:55:20 pm »
I had retrosigmoidal surgery in Feb 2015.  For about the first eight months, my scalp was numb at the surgery site. My scalp started becoming more tender as the nerves in the area began regenerating. I have discomfort where the titanium screen ends. I don't have any evidence of an infection, but I did have an X-ray of my head from three months ago. You can clearly see on the X-ray that the mesh and my scalp form kind of a point like /\ that pokes my scalp from the inside leading to discomfort. My surgeon said if it was a long recurring problem that he could go back into the area and adjust. What does your surgeon say?

Anyway, I'm not aware of long recurring problems with titanium screens, but definitely post either here or the main post-treatment forum if you find out about anything.

mastar

Re: Post surgery pain
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2016, 10:44:43 am »
Depends of every one. I recomend you go to your doctor and tell him the problem. Sure he has a good response.