Author Topic: paralysis getting worse  (Read 3018 times)

ks1121

paralysis getting worse
« on: June 11, 2016, 11:05:16 am »
Hi! I had surgery to remove a facial nerve hemangioma about 9 months ago. I had full paralysis on the right side of my face had have gotten some native recovery back. This past week I've noticed that things are starting to get worse. Has anyone had this happen?

It might be worth noting that I have very bad allergies and I had some dental work done earlier in the week. I'm not sure if any of this could impact facial movement, but I'm getting very nervous. Any insights would be helpful.

mar

Re: paralysis getting worse
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2016, 01:36:24 pm »
I don't have any experience with this, but when the dentist numbs your jaw nerve to do dental work, there is a small risk they can impact the facial nerve. My dentist told me that when I mentioned that I have difficulty from a paralyzed facial nerve, to let me know that facial paralysis is something a dentist learns about during training. If it's been more than a few days this might not be very likely. However, I would ask your dentist if this is a possibility.

For me, the biggest issue is stress. When I am very stressed or tired, my facial function worsens considerably. Are you under more stress than usual?