Author Topic: Success 18 months post Cyberknife  (Read 3624 times)

gregpstone

Success 18 months post Cyberknife
« on: October 26, 2006, 05:12:48 am »
The 18 month MRI shows almost 10% shrinkage. I'm very relieved, to say the least.

Because of the size of my tumor, 3.2 CM, the doctor only gave a 60% chance of the radiation being effective. This made the decision between surgery and radiation more difficult. The odds of the tumor not regrowing after surgery are hard to quantify, especially for this size tumor. The morbidity of radiation is definitely far superior to surgery and the tradeoff on mortality is roughly >1% for surgery and <1% for cyberknife.(due to subsequent brain cancer)

ppearl214

• Administrator
  • ANA Forum Policewoman - PBW Cursed Cruise Director
Re: Success 18 months post Cyberknife
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2006, 06:12:23 am »
Greg, not only amazing stats but... shrinkage! Congratulations to you!!!!!!!!!!!!!  They believe they saw some shrinkage in mine at the 5 month mark and looking at you all as my inspiration to keep up the mental strength as I'm in earlier stages of "post-treatment".  Congrats to you!!!!

Phyl
"Gentlemen, I wash my hands of this weirdness", Capt Jack Sparrow - Davy Jones Locker, "Pirates of the Carribbean - At World's End"

SuzeAN

« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2006, 09:06:29 am »
Shrinkage is the word we want to hear.  Great news for you!!

I just had my 1yr MRI, waiting on results.  It always seems after my MRI's that area of my head aches for about a day and tinnitus is louder for that day. Did that happen to any of you?  At 6 mos. there was some necrotic evidence in the center of the "invader", so I am hoping for some more good news.

cheers,
Sue (las vegas)
2.5 cm, left side
CK-Barrows 10/05

marystro

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2006, 10:04:53 am »
Greg,

You give us hope.  Even I am having facial nerve pain occasionally (most likely caused by the swelling of the tumor), I remain positive.  Posts like yours keep my faith up!  Ok!  I guess I can bear with these "minor" nerve pain since there will be "silver lining"!!!  ;)  Thanks for posting.

Mary
Mary
July 2006 - 22 x 18 x 20 mm
August 2006 - CK at Stanford by Dr. Chang/Dr. Soltys
February 2008 - 19 x 15 x 20 mm and stable
May 2009 - 17 x 14 x 18 mm