Author Topic: Finally a diagnosis  (Read 4372 times)

Brendalu

• Smile..it makes everyone wonder what you are up to
Finally a diagnosis
« on: October 25, 2006, 09:48:18 am »
Finally after all of these tests and trials and MRI's and all the rest I have been diagnosed with Fibromyalgia.  I will still see the neurologist on the first and hopefully he will be able to treat the head and neck pain. The anti depressants I already take helps with some of the affects of this condition.  Head trauma seems to be the common denominator for people with this.  I have had a couple of head on collisions, a rear ender and then of course the AN.  It helps to know what the problem is and cope with it than not knowing.  For those of you with an MS diagnosis, have your doctor check you out for Fibromyalgia.  The check list and tests are easy ones.  Someone suggested this to me months ago and my doctors all poohpoohed the idea instead of testing me.  Now I know why I haven't rebounded like some of you have!  I thought I was strange or slow or something worse.  Now I know that like each and everyone of us....I am unique!!
Hugs,
BrendaO :D
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Patti UT

• Keep On Keepin On
Re: Finally a diagnosis
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2006, 09:50:42 am »
Brendalu,

I have a freind who has this real bad. She claims that the combination of calcium and magnesium daily, at bedtime help a great deal. Liquid form is best.
Good luck. I hope you find some relief.
Patti UT
2cm Rt side  middle fossa  at University of Utah 9/29/04.
rt side deafness, dry eye, no taste, balance & congintive issues, headaches galore
7/9/09 diganosed with recurrent AN. Translab Jan 13 2010  Happy New Year

Battyp

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2006, 10:03:40 am »
ok, interesting brendalu....care to share the symtptoms and tests? 

Joef

• ** I rather be Kayak Fishing **
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2006, 10:50:19 am »

I too wondered what problems there are, and did a google ..

http://www.fmnetnews.com/pages/basics.html
4 cm AN/w BAHA Surgery @House Ear Clinic 08/09/05
Dr. Brackmann, Dr. Hitselberger, Dr. Stefan and Dr. Joni Doherty
1.7 Gram Gold Eye weight surgery on 6/8/07 Milford,CT Hospital

Brendalu

« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2006, 12:58:03 pm »
The symptoms are stiffness when waking, not getting "good" sleep even when you are able to fall asleep quickly, TMJ, headaches, dizziness, balance problems (like I didn't already have that one!),neck pain, fatigue (also associated with chronic fatigue syndrome), low energy, depression, aches and pains.  The tests are simple.  They are pressure point tests.  The website thst Joef did is a good one.  There is a lot of information on it on the web.  The calcium and magnesium in liquid form is something I picked up today.
Hugs,
BrendaO
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT

Janet

• Janet Sherwood Photography
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2006, 07:13:36 pm »
Brendalu,  Here is another good article on your diagnosis.

http://www.achenet.org/articles/81.php

Janet
Surgical removal of 1 cm x .8 cm x .6 AN on 4/2004.

BusyBonnie

« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2006, 08:28:27 pm »
BrendaO,

My husband was just diagnosed with MS and we were wondering if you had an MRI and is that how they ruled out MS? My husband has like 20 lesions on his brain alone. They just did an MRI of his spine yesterday but haven't heard anthing yet ofcourse. I'm wondering because do these lesions mean it's definately MS or should my Husband be asking for other tests? Thank you and I truly hope things get better for you.

Lana
Mother and wife.
2006 11mm acoustic neuroma.
GK Dec. 27th 2006 at SD Gamma Knife Center.
June 2007 MRI - No signs of necrosis.
April 9th 2013 - 13mm
Will be scheduling radiosurgery again

Brendalu

« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2006, 06:45:32 am »
Lana,
I have had way too many MRI's.  I glow in the dark....great Halloween costume.  I do have MS so the Fibromyalgia was just the icing on the cake.  I have lesions on my brain and much scaring that moves around. (I don't understand that one) .  Always, always ask for other tests for a positive.  Many people are misdiagnosed with MS.  Sometimes a second and third opinion are necessary.  I had the MRI spine thing and there is cervical degeneration and lumbar degeneration.  I get shots for the MS and I start new meds for the Fibro next week.  I have a better handle on things now that I know it wasn't all in my head and I am exercising, eating better, and have a more positive outlook.  I guess the AN wasn't enough of a wake up call for me.  The fresh cut grass is starting smell good again and hearing, even though it is single sided, the birds sing and the sun come up and even smelling the rain is a "good thing" again.
Hugs to you and your husband,
BrendaO
Brenda Oberholtzer
AN surgery 7/28/05
Peyman Pakzaban, NS
Chester Strunk, ENT