Author Topic: Experiences with BiCROS?  (Read 3709 times)

Nannybee

Experiences with BiCROS?
« on: January 30, 2016, 01:32:02 pm »
Looking for recommendations and personal experiences with BiCROS systems.
At almost 3 years post treatment, my hearing dramatically dropped in the AN ear. In July my speech recognition was 92% and now it's less than 30%. The audiologist and ENT tell me I'm not a good candidate for BAHA because I do have some mild hearing loss in my "good" ear too. So it looks like it will be BiCROS for me.

I've been wearing Phonak Audeo Q's and they were great up until recently.

Can some of you share your experience with BiCROS and if any have built in tinnitus masking that is helpful? I didn't shop around when I got the Phonaks, but I think I owe it to myself to try other brands and maybe take a trial of a few different models to see which works best for me.

I do have a MRI scheduled for 2/12 and hoping there hasn't been any growth causing this decrease in hearing and increase in tinnitus. It's the first time I would have been on a yearly MRI schedule since my diagnosis.
Thanks!
AN 18x19 mm
3 meningiomas
NF2
AN treated with SRS April 2013
MRI Feb 2016 AN shrunk to 17 x 8 mm :)
Constant tinnitus in AN ear
Severe hearing loss AN ear

arizonajack

• Arizona - It's a Dry Heat
Re: Experiences with BiCROS?
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 07:27:34 pm »
I got started with the Phonak system almost 4 years ago with the CROS and Audeo S.

Last year I upgraded when Phonak introduced the next generation. I got the CROS II and Audeo V90 with a PilotOne remote control and recently got the TVLink.

Read my ongoing discussion at:

http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=21818.0

You can find other discussions by putting Phonak, CROS, or BiCross in the search feature at the upper right of this page. Do the same for Widex (another brand) or any other brand you check out.

3/15/18 12mm x 6mm x5mm
9/21/16 12mm x 7mm x 5mm
3/23/15 12mm x 5.5mm x 4mm
3/13/14 12mm x 6mm x 4mm
8/1/13 14mm x 5mm x 4mm (Expected)
1/22/13 12mm x 3mm (Gamma Knife)
10/10/12 11mm x 4mm x 5mm
4/4/12 9mm x 4mm x 3mm (Diagnosis)

My story at: http://www.anausa.org/smf/index.php?topic=18287.0

Echo

Re: Experiences with BiCROS?
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2016, 08:53:34 pm »
Hi Nannybee,

I've been wearing the Phonak BiCros for 2 years now and love it!!  I have some hearing in my AN ear (right side) but it's not great.  Word recognition fluctuates back and forth between 20% - 40%.  In my good ear I have some natural hearing loss due to age.  Prior to getting the BiCros it was really frustrating when I was driving my car and had a passenger in the front seat because unless they looked right at me and spoke up, I had trouble hearing them.  The very day I left the audiologist office wearing my Phonak BiCross my sister was with me.  She was able to speak to me while looking straight ahead or to her right out of the passenger window and I had absolutely no trouble hearing her.  They offered such an overall improvement in my quality of life, that I never leave the house without them.  Obviously there are times (restaurants or very busy shopping malls) where I can experience some difficulty, but for the majority of the time, I have no complaints.

Cathie
Diagnosed: June 2012, right side AN 1.8cm
June 2013: AN has grown to 2.4 cm.
Gamma Knife: Sept. 11, 2013 Toronto Western Hospital