Author Topic: Sennheiser Headphones  (Read 2635 times)

claudemckernan

Sennheiser Headphones
« on: January 13, 2016, 06:03:42 pm »
I had my 2.4 cm AN surgically removed in Mar 2014.  All in all I fared pretty well after the surgery and had no significant complications other than the total hearing loss in my right ear.  The hearing was 80% gone in that ear prior to surgery so it was not too difficult of a transition going to SSD.
One of the issues I experienced was the inability to understand conversations in movies and tv shows.  I was getting maybe half to a third of the conversation and I had to guess the rest.  It was very frustrating.  Even with my BAJA 4, which provided marginal value, dialogue in movies and shows (news and documentary type shows were mostly ok, but any type of action or background sounds in the show were the problem).  I had to turn the volume way up which was no fun for others in the room. 

So this past Christmas, my wife got me these wireless headphones.  They are Sennheiser model TR175.  What a difference!  It is truly remarkable how good they work for me.  I was able to hook them up into my home entertainment system and they worked.  Remarkable.

I would highly recommend these for anyone experiencing similar problems.  Even for those with normal reduced hearing that requires you to turn up the TV.  With these I can turn the volume all the way down so it can't be heard by others but then I turn the volume in the headphones to a comfortable level for me.  It sounds like both my ears are working and the sound quality is sharp and crystal clear.

I doubt they were more than a couple hundred dollars.  Well worth it!