Author Topic: 2 Year Anniversary  (Read 2414 times)

v357139

2 Year Anniversary
« on: November 20, 2015, 09:11:08 pm »
Been a while since I've been on.  Today I am 2 years post Translab.  I am doing really great, back to just normal life.  Hard to believe what a terrible struggle I had making a decision.  Thanks to all those on this forum who gave support by replying to my postings, and also to those who I spoke to during my journey.  I know I would not have had such a good result without your help.  Also thanks to Dr. Slattery, Schwartz, and Stefan at House.  You simply cannot do better, in my opinion.  And thanks to the Almighty.  Could not have done it without him.

To those in the decision phase. Do your due diligence, it is absolutely worth it.  Just don't do it the way I did, which was over and over and over and over and over... :).   Once you know in your heart what you want, have the strength to make it happen.  There are more good results than bad, so don't over worry like I did.  You can't control it all, so don't even try.

I remember eating Thanksgiving lunch at the hospital cafeteria.  Then having the same meal for dinner there also.  The food was not great, but it was the best Thanksgiving meal I ever had, if you get me.  To everyone out there, I wish you a great Thanksgiving this year, whichever phase of the journey you are in.

God bless all.  Once again, the very happiest of Thanksgivings to all.
Rich
Dx 2.6 cm Nov 2012, 35% hearing loss.  Grew to 3.5 cm Oct 2013.  Pre-op total hearing loss, left side tongue numb.  Translab Nov 2013 House Clinic.  Post-op no permanent facial or other issues.  Tongue much improved.  Great result!!

Asif Tagar

Re: 2 Year Anniversary
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2016, 04:44:16 am »
Hello,

Just wanted to know if you had an invasive/non invasive surgery.

Thanks

v357139

Re: 2 Year Anniversary
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2016, 06:52:35 pm »
Hi I had invasive surgery, translab.  Excellent result.  What's on your mind?
Dx 2.6 cm Nov 2012, 35% hearing loss.  Grew to 3.5 cm Oct 2013.  Pre-op total hearing loss, left side tongue numb.  Translab Nov 2013 House Clinic.  Post-op no permanent facial or other issues.  Tongue much improved.  Great result!!