Author Topic: New Category Sub Item  (Read 3222 times)

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
New Category Sub Item
« on: October 04, 2015, 03:47:51 pm »
I think its time board administrators considered adding “Scleral Lens” as a topic within the “Treatment Options” category of this forum. It’s an effective enough treatment that it should be given notoriety on the front page of the forum.
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

Jill Marie

Re: New Category Sub Item
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2015, 04:00:40 pm »
Doc,

I of course agree!  Some of the posters that have gotten the lens might have gotten it sooner if information was more readily available about the lens.  It would be nice to have the posts altogether so you don't have to hunt for information about the lens.  Glad you suggested it.  Jill Marie
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.

Kerrybr92

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2015, 05:26:46 pm »
I agree too. I have had the lens since 2012. Luckily I had a Doctor who thought I might be a candidate  but it certainly was before we were talking about it here. Now we all know more about it.  I would love others to have the opportunity to use one.
Right AN 2.5cm
11/11/11 retrosigmoid surgery Drs. Barker and Mckenna MGH 16 hours
Right SSD, Right sclerel lens from Boston Foundation for Sight
Some facial weakness

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2015, 06:48:41 am »
This is so true. I would have had my Lens years ago.

...Some of the posters that have gotten the lens might have gotten it sooner if information was more readily available... 

Jill Marie
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

ColleenS

• I have learned to watch birds and smell the roses.
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2017, 12:29:34 pm »
I would like to learn more about it - if I need it. It does sound like it really helps if you have the dry eye issue.
5/2/17 @ Vanderbilt Translab approach with Drs. Haynes & Chambless
Readmitted on 5/7/17 for CFL, lumbar drain; CFL repair surgery
10/18 5 Radiation treatments for tumor regrowth
3/19 Pain, swelling, facial paralysis
5/19 Facial paralysis, numbness
10/21 Mild facial paralysis still