Author Topic: Pain Free w/Scleral Lens  (Read 3258 times)

Doc

• “Shake off the BooHoo and get with the program”
Pain Free w/Scleral Lens
« on: October 02, 2015, 12:15:09 pm »
Took delivery of my Scleral Lens four days ago and have gone absolutely pain free every day since. I’m getting 14 hours of trouble free use a day thus far. Finally, after more than six years of taping my eye shut, I’ve got a great new normal. I’ve also regained perfect 20/20 vision in the effected eye...a bonus.

Take Care!

Doc

PS: Tricare Prime paid 100% of the cost.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 07:11:10 am by Doc B. »
Left-Translab July '09. Cyberknife Jan 2010. In Apr 2017, four more tumors found; three in the brain and one, 7cm long, on my spinal cord; it was surgically removed. It was cancerous, and so are the others. I've been receiving Chemo since June '18, and I'm still in treatment.

ANGuy

Re: Pain Free w/Scleral Lens
« Reply #1 on: October 02, 2015, 02:30:26 pm »
This is comforting to me too!  I have no eye issues at this time.  But, one of my biggest concerns is eye issues down the road.  Your success with this device mirrors many others on this board and is encouraging to me.
Diagnosed June 2014 1cm AN at 47 years of age.  Had fluctuating symptoms since 2006.    6 mos MRI (Dec 2014) showed no growth, MRI  in July 2015 showed no growth.  MRI Jan 2016 showed no growth.  MRI Aug 2016 showed no growth.  I'm gonna ride the WW train as long as I can.

Jill Marie

Re: Pain Free w/Scleral Lens
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2015, 07:46:05 pm »
Doc, so glad to hear that the lens is working for you.  Tell you try it you just don't know how great it is, it gave me my life back.  The first time I broke mine and knew I couldn't get a new one for a few days as of course it happened on a Friday night I about cried.  Have a back up now.  Very happy for you! Jill Marie
Facial Nerve Neuroma removed 6/15/92 by Dr. Charles Mangham, Seattle Ear Clinic. Deaf/left ear, left eye doesn't water.